Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tweeters fit best if replacing gauges and what 2 gauges do you usually remove, air and volts ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
What tweeters fit best if replacing gauges and what 2 gauges do you usually remove, air and volts ?
Yes, air and volts. I am replacing mine with the J&M version because I already have their setup on my bike and its essentially plug and play. The only other one I know of that is waterproof is the the polk audio db1001. They can be had for about 75-100 bucks (the J&M ones cost me $119 shipped) and they fit perfectly in the guage hole (you will still need to fabricate a washer stackup to give the mounting "cups" for the tweeters to grab onto on the back side).

And yes, typically you remove the air temp and voltmeter. The way I see it is this...my body will let me know the air temp and if my volts are not good, im screwed whether I have a volt gauge or not.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hog Tunes has a neat tweeter set up that replaces the speedo/tach housing with tweeters made outside the gauges, so you don't have to replace any gauges....just add the new housing. Very slick!

·
Registered
290 Posts
when I bought my bike it was done up with hogtunes,amp,front speakers,rear speakers and the tweeter pod,the complete system was a joke,couldnt hear it at 60+ mph,the tweeter pods weren't anybetter then the rest of the system,i took it to Harley twice to get them to check the setup as I couldn't get it to get any better and they couldn't either,just my experience with hogtunes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts