Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The 05, 06 and 07 from what I see does not come in Deep Cobalt Blue from the factory. Check the PPG paint codes for the factory paint that HD use in those years, HD did use a blue color but it wasn't listed as a deep cobalt color.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Here is the color of the 06 Colbalt Blue. Sorry not for sale though.
The only blue colors offer on the stock HD in 06 was the

Rich Blue Sunglo
Chopper Blue Pearl

Check out the sticky on paint codes in the Paint/Body section of the forum

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Deep Cobalt Blue WAS offered in 2006 I know for a fact,.. I have a heritage softail in the shop right now that I am painting that exact color. A Quart of the paint from Harley is $200.00 The activator (don't forget it, and it just came off backorder) is $50.00 for 8oz. if my memory is right. Im picking up the activator today and can let you know for sure. If I remember, I will grab the part number for the paint for you as well, its at the shop.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
H-D part number for Deep Cobalt Blue = 98628BXT You might leave that BXT off, as the top of the can says "New 98628 Quality"

Activator is 99825-02 mixed @ 8:1 ratio.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Chumly

Found you a bike in 2006 cobalt blue in eastern conn craigslist, nice bike,looks clean, $13000. Dont know how to paste it on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got me a 06 RG Ultra (They didn't make it in the ultra that year the first owner put all the stuff on it even the fender lights)

I think where people are gettin confused is that the older is Deep cobalt bule then they changed it to deep cobalt pearl i hear they are differnt havent seen that myself

I like that bike you had in the link and don't let the 06 vs 07 bother you too much i like the five speed better than the 6 (Not saying they are better it's just what i like) and they guys at my local hangout perfere the 88 to start a fresh power build (Better crank i'm told)

The crazy thing is when i first got the bike i planed on repainting her but it has grown on me i just wish i could find a way to get rid of the siver stipes on it with out having to repaint.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Chumly,

Try www.chopperexchange.com. You can do a search by putting the year, model and even the color in the details section. This will help you find what you are looking for.

The Ultra was not offered in 06. I believe they did come with cruise control and the wiring on the handlebars for the CB/Intercom and the speaker switch on the speedo/tach nacelle from the factory (I may be wrong on that for that year).

You had to build your own Ultra from either a quick detach mount or permanent mount for the tourpak and add either a King tourpak or Ultra tourpak with the lights.

If you find a Road Glide Classic in the color you want, you can always add the tourpak, lowers, speaker etc by surfing ebay or craigs list.

The best deals I have found are asking at my local dealer(s) to have a look in their "take off" room. I have sourced saddlebag lids, an 08 fuel tank and tourpak bottom and mismatched lid. All these parts were taken off of bikes because of some minor flaw or scratch that can be easily fixed by my painter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts