Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Ultra ( yeah I know its not a road glide, wife sez I have to sell one before I can buy another) I'm looking for a set of saddle bags from a 2014 or newer glide in vivid black.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
If you don’t find a used set, in good condition, check Advanblack. I was looking for a set of Vivid Black Rushmore Saddlebags for my 2009 Road Glide. But found most were damaged, or incomplete.
I bought a set of their Vivid Black CVO Stretched Rushmore saddlebags, complete with lids and hardware. They came completely assembled with their mounting screws. The side latch was chrome from Advanblack. After the mild modification of the front saddlebag mount, their bag was a direct fit. I bought locks keyed the same from Harley-Davidson. Perfect fit.
As a matter of fact, when I traded my 2009 in on my current 2021, I kept them and installed them on the new RG.
The pictures are of my 2009 with the Advanblack bags. I added the Silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the Advant black bags but went with the less expensive ones ($198) just to see if I like them. Seems like now and then here in South Carolina you can find take offs for around $300. I'm going to try the less expensive ones and if I like them like I think I will then I'll wait for a good deal on the some take offs. This is my 08 after I totaled the bike and put it back to together. You can see where I'm still changing things when you look at the different pictures, rear crash bars, pipes, slip-ons have been cut down to fit under the bags so as to not stick out from the bags.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Vivid Black w one sliver pinstripe that came off a 2015 RGS , bags only , no lids . one bag , i believe it’s the left bag ,has some small minor scratches on the very bottom of one bag …the other is in mint condition. If your still interested reach out , I’ll go and get then out of the attic and take some pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts