Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been running the CVO Slips with Fullsac 2.25 Cores for a while now and zero complaints on the look of the Can (still love the CVO tips) or the sound.....but wanted something deeper in tone - I guess I am still chasing the sound I had on my '16 Gray RG that had the V&H Power Duals with the Bassani DNTs........man I loved how deep that bike sounded - My Issue is with the M8 and CAT......I was struggling to find a Slip On that had a good sound as MANY (even my CVO Cans) are just plain muted.......thx EPA.

Reading up on shit like the TAB performance Zombie Baffle and a litany of others and just was not sure - So yesterday we were out and about on most likely, one of the last nice sunny and 70+ Degree day of the season and we stopped into a shop in Wisc - BS'ing with Svc Guys about nothing and I mentioned where I as in my sound quest - One of the Mechs walks away and is gone for about 5 mins and comes back and says......follow me outside please - Um, sure pal but I have to tell ya, regardless of what NB & James say, I like-a-da chicas - He then proceeds to fire up a 18 Ultra Limited with the V&H High Outputs, Stepped Can and takes off down the street and just LAYS into the motor - Well smack my ass and call me Nancy........I dug the sound - They gave me 20% off the Cans and 50% off the Install and I rode home with a new sounding bike - Really dig how these cans look, are stepped in design and most of all, how they sound - Still quiet on start up and Idle but NICE and DEEP Sound on the Beans

Just in time for Winter...........fuck me

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had that pipe hobby too at one time, chasing the right sound. Glad ya found it! It makes a big difference hearing someone else riding the bike, sound is totally different than when your riding it.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I too am not all in on my v&h slips ons with the cat, still trying to convince myself they sound awesome. I have been listening to a lot of m8 combos and still have not heard anything yet that I am excited about except for maybe the d&d fat cat that I am not willing to spend that kinda dough on.

But...., you know the deal eddie, did not happen without a pic and maybe even a youtube clip???

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
SE,

Those are good sounding cans.... glad you found what you were lookin for

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Glad you found the mufflers that you really like. I'm running the V&H Monster Rounds and they sound great on my bike but that's JMO

·
Registered
73 Posts
Been running the CVO Slips with Fullsac 2.25 Cores for a while now and zero complaints on the look of the Can (still love the CVO tips) or the sound.....but wanted something deeper in tone - I guess I am still chasing the sound I had on my '16 Gray RG that had the V&H Power Duals with the Bassani DNTs........man I loved how deep that bike sounded - My Issue is with the M8 and CAT......I was struggling to find a Slip On that had a good sound as MANY (even my CVO Cans) are just plain muted.......thx EPA.

Reading up on shit like the TAB performance Zombie Baffle and a litany of others and just was not sure - So yesterday we were out and about on most likely, one of the last nice sunny and 70+ Degree day of the season and we stopped into a shop in Wisc - BS'ing with Svc Guys about nothing and I mentioned where I as in my sound quest - One of the Mechs walks away and is gone for about 5 mins and comes back and says......follow me outside please - Um, sure pal but I have to tell ya, regardless of what NB & James say, I like-a-da chicas - He then proceeds to fire up a 18 Ultra Limited with the V&H High Outputs, Stepped Can and takes off down the street and just LAYS into the motor - Well smack my ass and call me Nancy........I dug the sound - They gave me 20% off the Cans and 50% off the Install and I rode home with a new sounding bike - Really dig how these cans look, are stepped in design and most of all, how they sound - Still quiet on start up and Idle but NICE and DEEP Sound on the Beans

Just in time for Winter...........fuck me
Put your long johns on and go for a ride. Congrats on your new pipes.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I too am not all in on my v&h slips ons with the cat, still trying to convince myself they sound awesome. I have been listening to a lot of m8 combos and still have not heard anything yet that I am excited about except for maybe the d&d fat cat that I am not willing to spend that kinda dough on.

But...., you know the deal eddie, did not happen without a pic and maybe even a youtube clip???
Raining and too lazy to uncover the shit box so here is the best I got for now

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Man Im happy for you i had the DnT's and loved them.. bike sold well due to them too

My CFR's are good enough when i rip em but i still miss my DnT's

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice Eddie. I was doing the same thing but ended up with the 4.5 RCX. Good sound when running hard but nice when just cruising. Guess I getting old, older. Shit I'm there already. Enjoy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts