Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
Your supposed to have all your parts before you start your project. :D

Someone on here mentioned a company that does trade ins for chrome or powder. Sorry , can't remember the name.

edit... dollar short , day late :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Your supposed to have all your parts before you start your project. :D

Someone on here mentioned a company that does trade ins for chrome or powder. Sorry , can't remember the name.

edit... dollar short , day late :)
My bad! Thought he had parts. What you got to offer? FWIW WS (Joe) does the exchange and sell thing.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I bought a set from a good seller on ebay. 160 for lowers and cans. The powder coating was great. They were take offs so the inner bore was perfect.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Contact JETMAN, He is a member on this forum. He does great work. I got a set from him. Great prices also.

I wouldn't trust those ebay powder coaters. I bet it will peal off in a few months.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Had them on for a year. No issues.

lol I'm just saying. We all how what you get off of ebay. It's always half ass junk that doesn't last. Made in china, lead base paint. I can go on. I love when it says warranty. That's a joke.

I've been burn't on ebay crap.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
lol I'm just saying. We all how what you get off of ebay. It's always half ass junk that doesn't last. Made in china, lead base paint. I can go on. I love when it says warranty. That's a joke.

What are you talking about? I bought a set from a guy who powder coats parts. That's his business. He coats take off parts. listen carefully...the lower legs came off of a 2012 touring bike ...are you still there?? Then he powder coats them and sells them on ebay. Where are you coming up with Chinese parts.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
What are you talking about? I bought a set from a guy who powder coats parts. That's his business. He coats take off parts. listen carefully...the lower legs came off of a 2012 touring bike ...are you still there?? Then he powder coats them and sells them on ebay. Where are you coming up with Chinese parts.

I'm here.I was talking about the powder used in the coating process bud
. Where did the powder come from? CALM down. Have a beer relax!!! It's not a big deal. If you like your coated parts from ebay it's cool. It's just not for me.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have used a guy off e-bay in the past and have recommended him to members here. Mainly because I think he's honest......but to Pat's point, I see a LOT of them who do cut corners and I would not trust their work. Like anything, there are good and bad and unfortunately the bad ones are the ones who get remembered. If you use an e-bayer, just look closely at the pictures, their store for more examples and read all reviews closely..........
All I can speak for is me...... I know every step in my process and the quality of the powders I use..........DMize, I'll help you if I can...........just let me know........

And Pat--- Thanks again for the props......Much appreciated....

·
Registered
654 Posts

Sorry u got burned on eBay! But c'mon man, u can get burned anywhere! Bought mine and the wife's powdercoated on EBay with no issues! There is some good stuff on eBay! I'm betting a lot of us on the forum use eBay. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts