Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this cheapest best option to get a better sound out of my 2012 RGU.
Its all stock except for a set of Rinehart slip-ons. I eventually want to upgrade to a stage II set up but until I save some $$$ Id like to get a little louder deep sound. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
Cut the cat out of the stock head pipe do a quick thread search ... It'll put more rumble in the pipes

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
yep, get rid of the cat and it'll sound much better

·
Registered
8 Posts
yep, get rid of the cat and it'll sound much better
+1

I had the Rhinehart 4" slip ons only on my 2013 RGU and had the same feeling. Only thing is, if you remove the Cat, you gotta do a tune. There are many opinions on this. I just went stage 1, and added the V&H dresser dual head pipes, SE air cleaner and SE super tuner with a dyno tune. Sounds good to me now. I just live the true dual tone at idle.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me rephase my question

I have $1,500. to spend. What can I get with that to start, True duals? Heavy breather? Tuner?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have $1,500. to spend. What can I get with that to start, True duals? Heavy breather? Tuner?
I think all of the above if you do your research. :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Depending on what exhaust you go with, you may have a bit cash left over for cam's. That will def. make the motor sound completely different when idling and runnnig. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid 2k for the V&H dresser duals, SE air cleaner, and SE super tuner. Including the install and dyno session. This was all done at the dealer, so I am sure it could be done within your budget with a little bit of shopping.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I went with Drago Bike Works Dragula 2:1, TMax tuner and Zipper's Max flow breather for your budget. Call Frank and he will give you a great deal and offers the best service you will get in the motorcycle industry. He is a forum sponsor and gives discounts. You will not be disappointed in the sound or performance. When your budget gets a little bigger, add cams and you will have a new bike! Good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with Drago Bike Works Dragula 2:1, TMax tuner and Zipper's Max flow breather for your budget. Call Frank and he will give you a great deal and offers the best service you will get in the motorcycle industry. He is a forum sponsor and gives discounts. You will not be disappointed in the sound or performance. When your budget gets a little bigger, add cams and you will have a new bike! Good luck.
Who is Frank and where is he located?

·
Registered
8,830 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pulled the trigger

Rather than going to the stage two I've decided baby steps first.
Stage one

S&S CHROME AIR CLEANER.
V/H DRESSER DUALS.(I already have the Rinehart slip-ons).
ZIPPER THUNDERMAX AUTO TUNE.
For a early fathers day gift from the wife...
Yaffes 12" apes.

Thanks to all of you for your input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts