Road Glide banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ICON
9,398 Posts
The maintenance on a KTM and husky are a lot JMO
Glenn
????? - Maybe on a 2 stroke but you can run either in a 4 stroke with just oil changes and get MANY hours out of them - I use to race both and beat both motors within an inch of their life...the 4 strokes can take it.

OP....look for used as there is ALWAYS some cat who thought it would be fun, bought new and it has 4 hours on the motor as the power to weight ration scared the rider - If you like KTM and Husky, that Co also owns Gasgas and they have come a LOOOONG way - Beta also makes some good, fun bikes.

My Money....used KLR 650 or DRZ400 - The DRZ is fucking bullet proof but is a tad heavy and is only a 400...but can be fun in the right hands

·
ICON
9,398 Posts
Diggin' the love for the Dizzer! Super cheap to run and reliable as a hammer.
My Goal with my old turd was to make it as light as possible - Tank, Swinger, Rims, everything - This bike took 2 years in the Dirt (My Attempt at Hair Scrambles...did not like) to then get converted to a SuperMoto that I raced for another 2 years....sold it to a fellow racer who raced it for another 1.5 seasons before it went BOOM - After her diet, I prob spent more time cleaning it then I did Maintaining it......the thing was a fucking race mule and ran strong until it didn't

Attachments

·
ICON
9,398 Posts
My brother owned the one Duc that I always wished I owned, a 1992 900 SS Superlight.
Best Decade for Ducati by far as they changed the game in '93 with the introduction of the 916 - That Superlight ws the Mutts Nuts when it came out.....had a Poster of that bike .......GREAT Scoot indeed

·
ICON
9,398 Posts
Danny Boy....I beat the living snot outta that bike and it took it in stride - Come to thin k of it, my old SV650s and my old TLR all took beatings that no bikes should and never had an issue - Everyone loves the GSXR but I'm a twin guy and both those twins and that Single showed up for work everyday, never clocked in late and seldom, if ever called in sick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts