Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my bike getting ready for paint. Inner fairing and lowers. Will my guy be able to get real close to the Big Blue color, or should I go gloss black? I understand that he most likely can't do the pearl part. If anyone has a color that worked for them I would love to know

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Do a search for Paul's Painted Inner Fairings. He will match your color. He buys all his paint from H-D source. He will be at Biketoberfest in three weeks. He will also ship.:D

·
Registered
967 Posts
+1 Paul work is outstanding. He match BBP perfect also any HD colors.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Looks good. How many pearl coats?
A lot, the base color is just black but it seems for the right sparkle effect you have to put a fair amount of the pearl effect layer on or it looks to dark.

This is what the BBP pearl looks like in the can as it comes from PPG, when shot over black it turns into that wild sparkly blue flake.

I like to have a side cover or other OEM painted part while I'm shooting so I have a good reference

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Do a search for Paul's Painted Inner Fairings. He will match your color. He buys all his paint from H-D source. He will be at Biketoberfest in three weeks. He will also ship.:D
If you meet him, he travels around somewhat now, he can swap your old one out with one painted the color you want in less then an hour. My friend said he did his in about a half hour(which is big blue pearl) but that sounded quick to me.... L:DL

·
Registered
557 Posts
A lot, the base color is just black but it seems for the right sparkle effect you have to put a fair amount of the pearl effect layer on or it looks to dark.

This is what the BBP pearl looks like in the can as it comes from PPG, when shot over black it turns into that wild sparkly blue flake.

I like to have a side cover or other OEM painted part while I'm shooting so I have a good reference
Thanks Mike, I didn't have access to a painted panel to compare when I sprayed this batwing. I might be painting his inner so if I match that I think it will look ok. I was worried about putting too much on. Two light coats looked splotchy so I gave it three. BTW I got a pint of BBP pearlcoat for just under 90.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts