Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my Ward's cooling fans (FCS or Forced Convection System). I'm very impressed with the quality of this product and everything seems to be working properly. I tested the system at idle in my garage and monitored engine temp with my Power Vision. I'm a relative newbie to both the fans and the PV, but in my short test I was able to determine that the fans "kicked in" at about 240 degrees and shut off when the temperature dropped back to 230. I know that actual running temps can get MUCH higher than that and I'll give them a real life test tomorrow as I am planning to ride about 160 miles.

Any thoughts/recommendations from anyone using the Ward's fans? I've read some really good things and am hoping that these, along with a de-catted stock head pipe (to be installed this week) will make a real difference in keeping the bike cooler.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have one and it works like a champ. No more worrying about getting in traffic for a extended amount of time. And also I'm not roasting when in traffic. It's well worth the money I spent. I also use my PV to monitor the temps. So far I only use mine in traffic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
piece of junk. i have been having one and it quit working yesterday. haven't notice a difference in temperature with or without it. yesterday was july 24 in south louisiana to give you an idea how hot it was.
prolly been having the fans for maybe a year. don't waste your money

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
piece of junk. i have been having one and it quit working yesterday. haven't notice a difference in temperature with or without it. yesterday was july 24 in south louisiana to give you an idea how hot it was.

Call or email Jason before you slam him on the forums,he's a stand up guy. Also there is a 2 year warranty on his fans.

Mine works perfect and when it takes a bump and its not within warranty I'll buy another. It's worth the $$$$$$

·
Registered
48 Posts
you call him. i said i didnt notice a difference with or without the fan. if you like it that's fine and thats your opinion. in my opinion its not worth the money and i have the right to advise other members before they drop their monet

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I think I rather invest in a oil cooler myself.. this really does look like snake oil to me..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
you call him. i said i didnt notice a difference with or without the fan. if you like it that's fine and thats your opinion. in my opinion its not worth the money and i have the right to advise other members before they drop their monet

Why would I call him mine works? What's Monet? Your the only person that I have heard that ever had a problem with his fans. While monitoring the ECT on my power vision there is a 30-40* drop in temp with the fans on and installed CORRECLY. I guess you can't make everybody happy.

Your right you have the right to say what ever you want.

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
Your opinion is among a vast minority. As stated Jason is a stand up guy and stands behind his product. You may not notice the difference the fans make, but if you use a thermometer the proof will be there. To the OP I followed Jason's thread on HD Forum and just like others was a little skeptical at first. I was buyer #33 I believe and have been very happy. If they didn't work I would say so, but I would also be more discrete with my opinion.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
720 Posts
I trust you

I will take the word of DBell and his 5000 and some posts over the 28 posts of a person I have seen nothing on at this point. From what I have seen on this forum DBell is one class act and has a really nice RG, so that is good enough for me! :)
Thanks for the input everyone. I will probably wait until next riding season to look at this though since I get the knee replaced in September. Probably (or prolly?) won't be riding much after that! :( Plans are right now to tear that black dust magnet apart and paint it really light green once I can maneuver around the shop! Can't wait to get the rubbing joint replaced or tear the MC down to paint it! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had mine for quite a while and it does make a difference. 2 of the guys I ride with saw mine and bought them and both are happy with them.They do make a difference.
I took them off my 06 and put them on my 13- they were aluminum color to match the 06 I painted them black and Jason sent me out 2 new screens at no cost. Good guy with a great idea and a great product.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I've put about 8000 miles on the bike with the fans and no problems. I ride daily in northern VA heavy traffic. I have the full system fans, thermal switch and oil cooler thermostat. My bike has not went into limp mode sense installing the system. IMO it is a great product with outstanding craftsmanship!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
well looks like ill add this to my list. lol..

·
Registered
125 Posts
my bike constantly goes into EITMS mode, since having the fans put on, hasn't done it once. another satisfied FCS user.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I just recently installed one and so far I'm pleased. I don't have a way to monitor temperature yet. I turn it on when I get into traffic and I can feel the heat blowing out of the right side. That is the only negative I noticed is extra heat on my right leg so I just have to move it out of the way which is no big deal.

Jason was having some limited problems with the thermostat controlled ones according to his website. Perhaps thats what the negative comment was in a previous post. If it were under warranty he would be smart to get it fixed and then sell it to someone.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
my bike constantly goes into EITMS mode, since having the fans put on, hasn't done it once. another satisfied FCS user.
Come to think of it. I wasn't paying attention yesterday to that, but after reading your post I realize mine didnt either when I got caught in a long backup in Tysons Corner, VA yesterday.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have now been running my fans for two months and I can honestly say that these things are awesome. As I understand, a small number of users have had some issues with the thermal switch. However, I manually turn mine on and off and the temperature difference is amazing. I monitor my engine temp with my Power Vision. Last night I forgot to turn on my fans and noticed that the temp had climbed to 279. I flipped the switch and in about two minutes time the engine temperature had dropped to below 240. Air temp at the time was in the mid 80s. THESE THINGS WORK!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hard to see how a motor covered in fins to dissipate heat wouldn't benefit from a fan moving cooler air over said fins, since the motor is air cooled. If the product malfunctions, then take it up with the person who sold the product. If it can't be remedied, then flame him here. Barking without giving the guy a chance to remedy the problem seems immature (as in time to bark, not attitude) at this point.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
ok enough said. i posted my thoughts and a number of people don't agree that's fine. but why try to call me immature or i don't have a million post so i don't know what i talking about. if posting a million post makes you a genius keep it up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts