Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front rotors are warped again first set warped at 9000 miles so replaced them with Harley floating rotors and now I have 15000 on the bike and feeling vibration when I hit the front brake. When I put on my ape hangers and changed the brake lines I bled them my self and didn't have the machine that Harley has and they are ABS any Ideas

·
Registered
852 Posts
Not sure, but are Harley floating rotors truly floating rotors? You might check a few things just in case. Steering neck bearings, wheel bearings, and check to make sure you don't have a sticky piston in the brake caliper. If the system detects an abs module malfunction, or has air in it, it is supposed to turn on the abs light and shut off abs. Brakes will work fine but no abs. If you have air it should get spongy at some point. So if the light stays check your codes.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Did you try cleaning them with brake clean and some scotch brite,i thought mine were warped again,but after seeing this on this forum i tried it and it worked.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,807 Posts
Neck bearing adjusted late last year new PM wheels and bearings no light on and brake lever not spongy
Since it's not the head bearing, I'm betting it's the nut behind the handlebars! How's things Pete? Hopefully you're well. I think it's hard to find quality rotors these days, whether for bikes or 4 wheeled vehicles. I rode over to Moosehead Lake with another member from here on Friday. I noticed that my RC Components front rotors have progressed from a chatter to a shake so I'm here to see what suggestions people have. They darned well should last more than 12k miles, in my case. I've got to check and see if there's enough rotor material left to be able to grind 'em flat and start over. I'll likely try the brake fluid trick to see if that works. Course you gotta be damned careful you don't eat up any paint with the brake fluid. Hope you find a solution without the expense of new rotors and pads .... again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.