Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 with a extended warranty. I noticed that the middle front fairing screw was not tight. When I tried to tighten it I noticed the little plastic screw nub on the outer fairing was broken off on the screw. Is this something that the warranty will cover.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Are you talking about 1 of the 5 screws that goes through the windshield?

If it is they are actually well nuts that are easily replaced and IMHO would not be covered under warranty. If its not one of those screws, never mind.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As far as I can remember there is not a "middle" screw that holds the outer fairing on?

There are the bolts that hold the directional on that also sandwhich the two halves of the fairing on. Then there are three screws on each side that go through the inner fairing and screw to the outer fairing.

Which screw is it?

Is it number 2 or 3 in this diagram?

Parts Finder Doc's Harley-Davidson of Shawano County, WI Bonduel, WI (715) 758-9080

or number 1 in this diagram?

Parts Finder Doc's Harley-Davidson of Shawano County, WI Bonduel, WI (715) 758-9080

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Not sure which screw you re exactly talking about, but my outer fairing broke where the screw goes into it. It was not covered by the ESP. I wasn't happy, but luckily a good friend was able to help me do some fiberglass repair.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I found out it wasn't covered under warranty but ended up fixing it myself. Pain in the ass but it worked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts