Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the zx's, rf's and pbr300x2 in the fairing. now the outer is being "difficult". Anyone else experience this? I think it will go, but damn...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I have the HW 6 pack with the ZX speakers and they are real close to the outer fairing.
It was a real PIA getting it back on.
Now that I've had to do it two more times it's seems easier.
Mike U

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
once it's on the front hooks, check the gap between the windshield and the upper part of the inner fairing

there should be no gap prior to pressing the fairing back up and down onto the hooks

the three upper side tabs go over under under, you can also do them all under

factory look is over under under

the other thing's I've seem make them not fit, on mine are, sound deadening near the corners of the glove boxes is a no go

too much amp in between the glove boxes

or if the amp it self is bulging on a bracket that's slightly off

the front will protrude and cause an under gap

what exactly is it doing? or where do you notice it?

how did you mount the amp?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bent a piece of 18 ga sheet metal to mount amp. Copied your break angle. Not.hitting. sides don't want to line up easy as before. Magnet on zx's has a little rub spot from trying to get.it lined up. All the spacers on zx's making things snug?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headlights out. Amp starboard side. Seems like weight of zx's might be making inner a little distorted. this will be an exercise in patients.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have taken the fairing off a couple times since the stereo upgrade was completed and it is easier to fit each time. The ZX's do hit just a bit, but if the longer it is on, the easier the next off-on is.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I have taken the fairing off a couple times since the stereo upgrade was completed and it is easier to fit each time. The ZX's do hit just a bit, but if the longer it is on, the easier the next off-on is.
I had the same problem the other day when I changed my inner fairing amps and speakers, then when I thought about it, the same thing happened when I first bought my bike. I believe with the parts being plastic and somewhat flexible when you make changes some things have to form back up to each other....if that makes sense, but that's just IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts