Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
We talked about trying to do this last year and we could never work out the dates. So it is still winter now so we have 4-6 months to work out a date??

So lets start figuring out a weekend and a place. If folks from Montana want to come too that would be great.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Ok Wildman, did you have dates in mind? Maybe a poll with multiple options?
I know that we are planning a road trip leaving here on the 28th of June, returning around the 8th of July.
That said, I would definetly like to participate.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rowdy,
Figured I'd just get some people to say ya or nay first and let everyone throw out some dates they already have plans. Then we can take those dates and block off a calendar and see what dates we have left.

If we get people from Montana then maybe we can meet up in Eatern Wa or Idaho some where. I'll do the foot work on this since I am retired so if people will just post up and say they want to come and then post up the dates they have plans for already. I'll print off some calendars and black out the dates people have plans. Once we get some more folks to reply I'll start a new thread with the dates left open and see what we can figure out. Plus we need to decide do we just want to do a weekend or longer. I know folks have to work so we will work around that too.

I am out for the first 2 weeks of July. That is why I can't go to Shark Week II.

W

·
0 Posts
I need some more riding time this summer. First half of July is out for me too. Part of Sturgis Bike Week is ?able and the entire Labor Day Weekend is out. No dates as to when I'll be going to KC, MO. Hopefully not during tornado season.

That's my story.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just got back from a month on the islands and now really missing time on the bike. I'm retired living in Spokane and would be very interested in hooking up with everyone. We have some great day rides right out my back door and could help with any logistics from my area.

W

·
0 Posts
Just got back from a month on the islands and now really missing time on the bike. I'm retired living in Spokane and would be very interested in hooking up with everyone. We have some great day rides right out my back door and could help with any logistics from my area.
This sounds more like a Retiree M & G. The only one not retired so far is Rowdy. Hey Rowdy are ya feeling like a youngin'? lol

I agree there is some nice riding around your area. It's just a short 300+/- mile road trip for me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Keep me in the loop, Washington or Idaho sounds good. Are you planning a couple of days of riding, or just meet for cocktails?

Shark Daddy
Portland, OR

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm interested also. Need a minimum of a 30-45 days out to schedule time off. Are we talking hotels or camping? Not much for camping (Army took care of that), plus use a C-PAP machine.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Couple days of riding. Or 1 full day and depending on peoples schedules go from there. What I see is meeting somewhere and camp or motel. Then go for a ride and have a group dinner after. Just a way for all of us to put some faces with names. Meet some new riding buddies in the process. How long depends on others and how long they can stay.
I am one of the lucky ones and my time is mine to do with.

L-Premo,
You posted just as I was. I am a motel person too. Getting shot in Iraq did it for me. Sleeping on the ground isn't as much fun as it use to be. But if it was decided camping it was going to be I would still go. I can suffer for a day or two.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I can do either camp or motel it. That area North of Spokane is kind of cool riding country. The big Reservoir, lake Roosevelt or something like that.

W

·
0 Posts
Indoor or outdoor camping is fine with me too. I just need to make sure I have a little room for some Salsa, unless you guys don't like it.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
This sounds more like a Retiree M & G. The only one not retired so far is Rowdy. Hey Rowdy are ya feeling like a youngin'? lol

I agree there is some nice riding around your area. It's just a short 300+/- mile road trip for me.
As a matter of fact I am feelin like the "youngin" in the group, but it's all good, cuz if we thought were old we wouldn't be long hauling on your scoots.
My day "retirement" will come in due time my friend. :D Who the hell doesn't like Salsa? That would just be wrong. On the camping/hotel question, although I am still in my youth, hotels work way better for me. I haven't gone down the "camping" road for a long time, and to be honest, don't miss it much. But, I can be flexible too. Just sayin.

Rowdy

W

·
0 Posts
As a matter of fact I am feelin like the "youngin" in the group, but it's all good, cuz if we thought were old we wouldn't be long hauling on your scoots.
My day "retirement" will come in due time my friend. :D Who the hell doesn't like Salsa? That would just be wrong. On the camping/hotel question, although I am still in my youth, hotels work way better for me. I haven't gone down the "camping" road for a long time, and to be honest, don't miss it much. But, I can be flexible too. Just sayin.

Rowdy
I like your attitude!

Once we get everyone set on who's coming I'll take a brief poll on Salsa heat levels.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
If you're thinking Spokane or the area North of there for accomodaiton and riding, have ya got room for a Canuck to tag along?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If you're thinking Spokane or the area North of there for accomodaiton and riding, have ya got room for a Canuck to tag along?
Only if you promise to bring a couple of those cofffee flavored crispy candy bars that taste so good, that we can not get here LOL. The more the merrier.

W

·
0 Posts
We might have to take a vote on that. lol Depending on where you cross the border at, we could meet and ride over to where Jeff is and run in as a 3 pack. I'm kind of due south of you right off I-15.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey Wildman,

This sounds cool to me, but in the end it depends on which dates it falls on. I'll be out of the country for three weeks in September, other than that I'm cool with just about anytime. I'm not retired, but getting time off is not a problem.

I'd prefer to 'camp' at a local motel....

- Bruce

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Calgaryglide anyone is more than welcome. I use the term PNW lightly. If someone from any state or Country wants to show that is awesome. As said the more the merrier.

I have already started a POLL for the dates. Here is the thread http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=14389
So pick a date and lets get this thing planned out. It sounds like we all would rather motel camp which is more than fine with me. Depending on the date even if my wife isn't with me my daughter will be and staying in a motel with her will be much easier.
So as I said in the pol thread once we figure out the dates we can do a thread with some ideas of where to hold this at and go from there. I would like to get reservations for rooms 2-3 months in advance just to make sure. I am glad that it looks like we have some interest.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts