Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 road-glide FLTRX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if any one has tried to put a set of water cooled heads on a road glide yet.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
It would seem that it would be a real expensive mod if you figure in the cost of all the other components that would be needed to do this mod.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I asked my dealer, and they priced it at $8K (parts and labor) and they can not guarantee the reliability, hence why I’ll wait for the Twin Cool Custom or Ultra.

In the meantime, I got a big Rt 66 ride next year, so I’m planning to install Ward’s cold thermostat, his fans, and tune my bike. I might also get crotch cooler from Captain itch. Yeah I got the mid frame engine deflectors, but the crotch cooler are longer.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
I asked my dealer, and they priced it at $8K (parts and labor) and they can not guarantee the reliability, hence why I’ll wait for the Twin Cool Custom or Ultra.

In the meantime, I got a big Rt 66 ride next year, so I’m planning to install Ward’s cold thermostat, his fans, and tune my bike. I might also get crotch cooler from Captain itch. Yeah I got the mid frame engine deflectors, but the crotch cooler are longer.
The mid frame heat deflectors just trap the engine heat and cause the engine to run hotter especially the rear cylinder, I use to run them but I don't use them anymore IMO I felt more heat it was just a little lower on the legs.
The Wards cooling fan isn't any good unless you are sitting still or going real slow and all it will do is blow hot air on your right leg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts