Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post here recently with some discussion and links on waterproof storage bags for tie down on road trips. If anyone has any input it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I picked up a River Road bag at the local cycle shop and it has a rain cover. I have ridden through 2-3 absolute downpours, like everyone doing 15 MPH downpours looking for the next exit to get the hell out of it downpours. Dry as a bone. It's fairly large as well, the wife can pack for 4 days and still have room to shop.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I like the zip lock brand shrink bags. I put my clothes in those, roll them up to take all the air out, and then put them in the rack bag, which also has a rain cover. We got caught in a heavy down pour in New Mexico last summer and my clothes were all dry. My buddies, not so much. His got soaked thru his rack bag. The shrink bags can be found at Walmart, and are a fraction of the price that the HD branded ones are. Another advantage of the shrink bags is that once your stuff is in them and compressed so all the air is out, they take up way less room. They're great if you don't mind your clothes getting a little wrinkled.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
654 Posts
I like the zip lock brand shrink bags. I put my clothes in those, roll them up to take all the air out, and then put them in the rack bag, which also has a rain cover. We got caught in a heavy down pour in New Mexico last summer and my clothes were all dry. My buddies, not so much. His got soaked thru his rack bag. The shrink bags can be found at Walmart, and are a fraction of the price that the HD branded ones are. Another advantage of the shrink bags is that once your stuff is in them and compressed so all the air is out, they take up way less room. They're great if you don't mind your clothes getting a little wrinkled.
Lil Chief
Yup. ZipLock bags are great. Dry and absolute space savers.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use Kriega us 20 and Kriega us 10 for my trips when I need storage on the seat. I used to use them when I would commute on my old Yamaha and have been through plenty of Florida downpours with them and never had a drop of water. They are expensive but durable and 100% waterproof

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Space Bags

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use a water proof bag made by Dryspec I purchased it from a company named twisted throttle at twistedthrottle.com. When the wife and I travel together I put the rain cover on our regular bag then put this bag on top. We put stuff in this bag that we may want to get out while traveling. Since it is 100% water proof we don't have to mess with the rain cover. If traveling with out the wife I only use this bag. It is large enough to hold days worth of clothing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts