Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have looked through the forums and couldn't find anything on this topic so hear goes. Needless to say this is my first Denim color bike. I am used to washing and then putting a coat of wax on all my vehicles, especially before and after winter. Question is I don't see tale of anyone waxing their Denim bikes. I assume that just like a glossy clear that needs to be waxed to protect it that the matted clear would also need to be waxed. No? Thank you for all your assistance.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I wouldnt recommend it, if you want it to stay flat.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
no. you don't want to wax the denim finish. not unless you want to make it glossy. the denim finish is super easy to take care of (regardless of what you hear some folks say). use hd denim cleaner, or windex (with ammonia, streaks less. just don't use that on the windshield).

if you do get a scratch, you won't be able to 'buff it out', as that will cause that area to become glossy. one of the selling points of the denim finish is that as it ages, it gains 'character', akin to 'your favorite denim jeans'.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
DO NOT WAX!!! Denim is super easy to take care, a little glass cleaner, and a micro fiber towel, or just Dawn dish soap and water, most car wash soaps have some type of a wax base, so stay away from them. Also do not rub a lot when cleaning, because that will also start to buff a shine into the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts