Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work the overnight shift and went to ride home at 6am...to find the weather stripping in the center of the windshield hanging down. It's been unseasonably warm not hot here too. So curious why all of sudden this is happening. Bike is only 10 months old. Tried to push it back up and it would stay for a few minutes. Any advise??

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can get a CVO RoadGlide trim that is much cleaner looking, I think the part#is57660-09 should be about $30

·
Registered
526 Posts
Mine fell down they day I road it home from the dealer....This way they can sell you the Genuine H-D chrome windshield trim :) When I replaced my stock shield with the WV shield I left the rubber strip off.....The WV shield don't have "slots" for the mounting holes like the H-D shields do....much cleaner look, rubber strip or not :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Get yourself a tube of window - trim adhesive from Auto Zone, place a VERY small amount in the channel that the windshield sits in. Tape it up overnight and you will be good to go.
Clean up with a little WD-40.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't know if it would help you or not... After my windscreen coming loose on the interstate one day when i got home I took it completely off put the weather stripping back on and just tightened everything down and i have not had any trouble with the weather stripping coming loose.

Hope it works for you

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Should be under warranty. Let them fix it for you. Maybe they will put on a strip that will work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Went with the Cee Bailey windshield. They suggest no trim or weatherstrip and I find that they were right. A good fit does not require them and it avoids problems like yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts