Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on the road from San Diego Saturday heading north for Las Vegas. I did a freeway burn up I15 and about 5 hours later I was in the Las Vegas Harley parking lot. I rode through town but nothing I saw convinced me to get off of the bike so I headed to Hoover Dam. Sure were a lot of people out there! I felt a burning need to keep riding so I pointed the bike south. There is no finer riding than going through the desert late in the day! I ended up in Twentynine Palms for the night. I hit the road at first light riding through Joshua Tree National Monument as the desert woke up. Then headed to Palm Desert and up the Pines to Palms Highway. What a great ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Great thread title followed by a great ride
Sounds like you had a great week end

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah! Great about sums it up! I try to get out every weekend and now that the temperatures in the desert are dropping (a little) I can go farther. This was a 910 mile weekend. I bought this bike in February and am over 15k. A good start!

·
Registered
342 Posts
NICE!! Great way to spend a weekend.
Thanks for the pics. That panorama shot is gorgeous.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Way cool thread and pics. I’m heading to San D on the 30th for a week.

Hoping to rent a glide for a few days and get some saddle time on the left coast. Thanks for a short trip idea. I’ll forgo the Lost Wages trip and just hit Joshua Tree and the See where I end up from there.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Got on the road from San Diego Saturday heading north for Las Vegas. I did a freeway burn up I15 and about 5 hours later I was in the Las Vegas Harley parking lot. I rode through town but nothing I saw convinced me to get off of the bike so I headed to Hoover Dam. Sure were a lot of people out there! I felt a burning need to keep riding so I pointed the bike south. There is no finer riding than going through the desert late in the day! I ended up in Twentynine Palms for the night. I hit the road at first light riding through Joshua Tree National Monument as the desert woke up. Then headed to Palm Desert and up the Pines to Palms Highway. What a great ride!
Sounds like a great weekend!

Great pics!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts