Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 RGS with Revo-A's in the rear and Axeo in the front. While riding recently I noticed a "thumping" feeling coming from under the seat when I hit sharp road irregularities like road reflectors, man holes and other road bumps. When it happens it is generally a quick thump or sometimes several thumps depending on the bump I hit. On a smooth road the everything is good. The shocks have been on for approx 2000 of the total 4000 miles with no issues. They improved the ride greatly.

The bike is currently at the dealer since its under warranty. They are going to put my stock shocks back on to rule the shocks out as the issue. They said they have checked motor mounts and pivot shaft torque and all is well. Everything under seat seems secure.

Looking for ideas or thoughts. My original thoughts where something to do with the pivot shaft but Im told it is good, well at least the torque is good.

Anyone have their Revo's go bad and if so how did it present.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shocks were on the bike for a little over 2000 miles with absolutely no problems. I believe they were set up correctly as per Legends install procedures. I checked the battery and it was solid.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
If it was your pivot shaft I would have to think your problem would be more than a thumping noise. More like a handling issue.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Long shot: But if you have a rider backrest, it could be the seat pan flexing just enough to be tapping it on occasion.

I just had to replace my swingarm bearings, their failure was most noticable it trailing throttle power transitions. It gave a distinct thunk anytime the driveline would load, or unload.

• Wow
Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the feedback. I do not have a backrest but am running a Le Pera seat. I couldn't find anything related to the seat that would cause the thump or clunk feeling. Hoping to hear back today from Harley today after they put the stock shocks back on and see what happens. I will say that the day I road the bike over to drop it off at Harley I did get a sensation or two that the bike wanted to pull to the left as I got up in speed. It didn't wobble but just kinda went left. It had never done that before although the noise had been present. I wasn't sure if it was the road or the bike that made it want to go left. I did let Harley know when I dropped it off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harley called me and said they put the stock shocks on and the problem went away. I will see tomorrow when I pick it up and take it for a ride. Guess I will be calling Legends to see whats up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Feel pretty confident the shocks were set up right from the start. SAG was per the Legends recommendation. A reputable guy set them up. Picked up the bike and it rides fine now, with the harsh stock shocks. No more thumping. I did read up on the Legend site and found an article that talked about damaged or failed valves in the shock and a pogo stick like feel which is what I was feeling. Article also said if you shake the shock you may hear a rattle inside indicating a damaged valve. Both my shocks have a rattle. Submitted warranty claim and now waiting on Legend to respond. Glad to have found the problem, now just need to get the Legends back on because it is a much nicer ride with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts