Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of you may remember, I hit a deer about 2 months ago. After hearing back from insurance they deemed it a total loss and payed me out. They gave me a good price on my 2017 Road Glide Special, about $2500 more than I paid for it about 4 month prior.

So then the search began for a new Road Glide. I still have my Honda Shadow so I had something to ride while I shopped for a good deal. I took a test ride on a new 2019 RGS and was wowed at the difference from my 107. So my plan became to wait for some of the 2020 rental units to go on sale and hopefully get a good deal that way, but still look daily for a smoking deal on something else. Through August there were some really good deals on Street Glides but nothing to good to pass up, and no really good deals on any Road Glides. Zebra found a couple of good deals that he sent me info on, but they just weren't quite the right bike for me.

September hit and then the deals started showing up. This bike came up a 2019 Special with custom paint and decals, air ride, stage1 with tts tuner, spear head bars, heated grips and more. It was a bike that was in an accident and then restored so the price reflected this, but unless I told you then you would never know. I called the guy up and we got to dealing and after all said and done it was only going to cost me an extra $300.00 from what insurance paid me out. So I had to jump at this deal. Sorry if anyone is offended that it is not a Road Glide, I really tried hard to find one instead of a Street Glide.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I love colour he painted it. He said it was a new Ford colour, leadfoot grey or something. He gave me the colour code so I can match my TP if I feel so inclined. The Black and red are decals which I think really make the bike.

I had a 260km ride home after I picked it up. Wow all the way, loving the 114 馃It has the corvette monroe air shocks with the compressor in the fairing and what a huge difference from the stock HD suspension. It handled way better than my 2017 and floated over even the biggest of bumps, and I hit a doozy on my ride that would have been feeling for days on the old suspension.

The bars are comfortable, 14's like my Yaffre that I had, but they may need to be pushed forward a bit to be perfect.

It has the Sony XAV-AX7000. Which is a big upgrade from the GT6.5 but not as good as the GTS. However the original was damaged so I understand him putting this unit in instead of paying the big bucks for the GTS, I would have done the same thing.

The only thing that I need is a new windshield and I think I will be ordering the Klock werks 14" sport flair. Unless the HD dealer in town is blowing out something that works for me.

Registered
So the 114 is a big improvement over the 107? I always wondered if there was much difference.

Great looking ride, I love the paint scheme!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
So the 114 is a big improvement over the 107? I always wondered if there was much difference.

Great looking ride, I love the paint scheme!
Thanks.
Ya I was very surprised at the difference between the two. Gobs of torque with the 114. After I test rode one I knew I wasn't going to be satisfied with a 107 anymore. So take warning if you are not in the market for a new bike then don't test ride the 114 lol.

Registered
Congrats on The New Scooter Ike!
She鈥檚 a Real Beauty.
Enjoy Brother.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 64 Posts