Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my 12" Factory 47 installed. Ordered them on Wednesday got them on Friday and installed them on Saturday. Was not to bad, couple of hours with a few breaks. Got "hungry and thirsty". Pretty happy with them, will take some getting used to. My front end feels so much lighter I am wondering around a bit in my lane. Take off is also different due to the lightness feel of the front end. In time my muscle memory will take over but till then I just have to pay a little more attention.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm wanting to jump on the band wagon too... they look really good. How do they feel compared to the stock?

I'm hoping I can meet someone in the St Louis area that has a set installed so I can see how they feel, been burned on bars before.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wanting to jump on the band wagon too... they look really good. How do they feel compared to the stock?

I'm hoping I can meet someone in the St Louis area that has a set installed so I can see how they feel, been burned on bars before.
They feel completely different than stock. Hard to truly explain. They feel good, will take some getting used to for the reasons I described in my post. I went about 120 mile ride Sunday and did not feel any discomfort. The front end as I stated feels so light, like power steering and that will take some getting used to. But all and all I am happy with the bars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The 180 front tire on my bike changed the steering too. It's really light on the highway and in general. The more tread down makes a huge difference. I bet with the factory 47's it would be like pushing air lol.

Side note, how tall are you?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 180 front tire on my bike changed the steering too. It's really light on the highway and in general. The more tread down makes a huge difference. I bet with the factory 47's it would be like pushing air lol.

Side note, how tall are you?
I am 6' 2"

180 will be my next big thing. just love that look.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Got my 12" Factory 47 installed. Ordered them on Wednesday got them on Friday and installed them on Saturday. Was not to bad, couple of hours with a few breaks. Got "hungry and thirsty". Pretty happy with them, will take some getting used to. My front end feels so much lighter I am wondering around a bit in my lane. Take off is also different due to the lightness feel of the front end. In time my muscle memory will take over but till then I just have to pay a little more attention.
Looks Killer Brother
Congrats
Swomack

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They look good. How did you receive them so fast?
Well it helped that they are only a couple of hours away from me but, on the order section there are two selections for each bar and one is "in stock" if it allows you to select "in stock" that means the bars are already made and ready to ship. I had confirmation and tracking number within the hour of my order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts