Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....I rode the Heritage home...regarding this thread:

So we could not come to an agreement on the diff tween my Softail and this RGS - I had a number in mind that stemmed from the fact that our Family Vacay in CA this summer looks to be canceled...and what better to do with earmarked money from other aspects of life than to put it towards a new bike..am I right?

In the end, I did not want to dig deeper into savings, especially with state of the economy and me starting a brand new role and territory at work (Did I just mature a bit?)....not to mention the immediate $1K needed to put into the bike with 4pt Docking, Passenger & Rider back rests and a functioning wind screen just to be comfortable - Alas, that new Interface on the Infotainment thing is pretty damn sweet and having good (not great) tunes again controlled at the thumb level.....twas quite nice but not for what my out of pocket would have been - They may come back with a crazy counter offer since I rolled old faithful home...but who knows....and doubtful - They actually told me, "You're a dumb ass..keep the Heritage...but we are happy to sell you a new Bike" - Love those guys

It is odd to ride a RG from the ST...The Silver Surfer felt so BULKY and BLOATED but was nice once rolling...alas the ST on the ride home still puts a grin on my grill so life still has some redeeming qualities left....

What is..... and what could have been - Much like The Dudes Rug...that Chin Spoiler really ties the bike together

Attachments

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
Ride what makes you happy bro. That's really what matters. I sure did like the looks of that Roadtail somebody was trying to talk you into. The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Good on you for having some will power man. A dealer I know picked up a bunch of brand new '17 leftover Moto Guzzi V9 Roamers and is selling for 45% off retail with only $500 in fees. Damn tempting.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well maybe it was not meant to be as they say.

IMHO, the Heritage is a badass bike. I thought somebody makes a sound system that could be integrated into the ST hand controls?

Off to google I go....

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been going back and forth since I left the Dealer - Liked this...did not like that...LOVE this part...hate this aspect...I need to just be thankful for what I have...I will say this, Stock 114 with Neighbor Haters sounded damn good on the beans and the SMOOOTHNESS of the RG is infectious

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not asking specific but, we're you even close or a ways apart?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Off by about $3K+ over what I wanted to spend and the RG was pretty basic too - Another thing that kind of pushed me away was not RDC or whatever it is called - If I am goring to go with a '20...I want that for the TPC's alone

If the day comes, the Silver Fox could EASILY be pieced together if I called them and said "Build It" when I am at a point where the extra few K does not make me feel like I am pissing away savings

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,616 Posts
So have you given up on the possibility of a new touring frame for 2021, even if they come out 6 months later than normal?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Off by about $3K+ over what I wanted to spend and the RG was pretty basic too - Another thing that kind of pushed me away was not RDC or whatever it is called - If I am goring to go with a '20...I want that for the TPC's alone

If the day comes, the Silver Fox could EASILY be pieced together if I called them and said "Build It" when I am at a point where the extra few K does not make me feel like I am pissing away savings
3k does not sound like allot, but the RDRS (?) Not on it would be a deal breaker for me as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3k does not sound like allot, but the RDRS (?) Not on it would be a deal breaker for me as well.
Well, when you got $10K to play with....they want $14K and I could prob get a tad more out of them if I wanted to press hard...then would need to put another $1K into it and not have the component's I wanted....that $3K and change was a deal breaker - Had the extra $4K had the RDRS and the $1K of crap added in that I wanted...there is a good chance it would be in the garage right now but say $3500 more that I want to spend on a bike that still needs $1K in basics without the RDRS...the ST gets a proper flogging on the way home to show she is still a comfortable runner

I could have financed anything over the $10K, yes but I HATE having a bike payment

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So have you given up on the possibility of a new touring frame for 2021, even if they come out 6l months later than normal?
Well, 2021s (and all new releases) are coming out Calendar Year (from what I have heard with the new CEO) and with the factories still sitting on 2020 bikes and parts....I doubt we see a new frame until Jan-Feb 2022 - I also hear the new lines will be pretty much Standards and Specials without all the in-betweens

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go get it and the Raider Nation will love you
Its sad....some things transpired this week at work (first thing I thought of was this bike...not the OL or Kids..I suck as a Dad/Hubby) that may play well for me where the extra "Ks" wouldn't kill me to do...but I still want to haggle...thats 1/2 the fun

·
Registered
96 Posts

Still looking at this one?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts