Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
step away from the checkbook. you want the rdrs. this bike does not have it. so leave it be until you find a bike that does have it.

i have the old bike, 2019, that does not have it, but from what i have heard the hill assist is the shiznit. getting this bike without it, since you want it, would just be settling. and then in 6 months you would be looking again.

and just to be clear. i am not steering you away from buying another rg. i am steering you away from buying this rg. the deal will come along.

(damn, when did i get so mature and become the voice of reason?)

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
View attachment 413975

Still looking at this one?
That one sold....and had the RDRS System...the one I am looking at does not...but it does have Cans, Grips, Bars (that I asked they swap out to the taller option) and Paint Matched Chin Spoiler...that really ties the bike together

Attachments

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i have the old bike, 2019, that does not have it, but from what i have heard the hill assist is the shiznit. getting this bike without it, since you want it, would just be settling. and then in 6 months you would be looking again.
Been thinking of this and less than 1% of the time I am loaded up with the OL and I live in Illinois...flat as fuck with 11 turns in 318 miles....I would really only want the RDRS for the TPS as I had it on the CVO and loved it...but its not a deal breaker for me as I have had more bikes without it than with - All the traction control stuff...in the end, I am not railing in the rain so not worried there and as a long time racer...traction control is really just my right dick beater behaving itself

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
SE you are correct , haggling or the dance is 75% of the fun.......just make sure you get your free t-shirt when the deal is done......you can use it for the t-shirt exchange at a shark week of your choosing

·
Registered
921 Posts
Whats the wife think? Or do you even care about her opinion?

IE, is she sick and tired of you talking😊 about it to the point she says. "Go get it or shut the hell up!!"

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
30K.....??????........I'll keep the 04 forever. But have fun with your haggling!!!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
And this is any different from what he does now?;)
I think we are quickly approaching the day when SE picks up a bike Saturday morning, rides for a few hours and trades it right before the shop closes Saturday afternoon......the boy has a serious problem. I love it for 2 reasons....1, it's fun to "shop" and feel involved in someone buying bikes so often, and 2, whenever I talk about getting another one again (I am real close to having a multiple bike stable again) I can point to him and tell the OL I am really not that bad!!!!!

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Whats the wife think? Or do you even care about her opinion?

IE, is she sick and tired of you talking😊 about it to the point she says. "Go get it or shut the hell up!!"
She laughs as much as you fools...and in the end, cares not what I do when it comes to bikes as I am not out running around doing stupid shit to make her unhappy (Bars, Drugs, Women, etc etc...I am a good work from home wife that keeps the kids in tact, laundry did and the house functioning as it should with the Lawn tidy too) - First priorities are her and the kids...then comes the house...when all those are cared for and operating smoothly....then I can do dumb bike shit and really only do so when I know work is trending nicely and I will have some good checks coming in...when its slow, so is my bike looking

She even joked this morning when the weather report was on by saying.."Will be nice this weekend which I assume means you'll be riding...probably to a dealership as you have had that Black bike for almost a year now...can I trade you in every year for a new younger one too?"...to which I said.. "of course but if that sum bitch touches the Dog, we'll have issues"...she took the coffee to go that I made her, laughed and kissed me goodbye....not sure I won that one

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
SE ....fill us in , I know you have fucked with the dealer some more about the price....the music is playing , you and the dealer are doing the dance....so please tell what have been your latest moves

·
Registered
921 Posts
She laughs as much as you fools...and in the end, cares not what I do when it comes to bikes as I am not out running around doing stupid shit to make her unhappy (Bars, Drugs, Women, etc etc...I am a good work from home wife that keeps the kids in tact, laundry did and the house functioning as it should with the Lawn tidy too) - First priorities are her and the kids...then comes the house...when all those are cared for and operating smoothly....then I can do dumb bike shit and really only do so when I know work is trending nicely and I will have some good checks coming in...when its slow, so is my bike looking

She even joked this morning when the weather report was on by saying.."Will be nice this weekend which I assume means you'll be riding...probably to a dealership as you have had that Black bike for almost a year now...can I trade you in every year for a new younger one too?"...to which I said.. "of course but if that sum bitch touches the Dog, we'll have issues"...she took the coffee to go that I made her, laughed and kissed me goodbye....not sure I won that one
That is cool she is so understanding. Lesley looks at me and laughs and says "Yea right." Never says no (or yes for that matter) but will not encourage anything.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
SE ....fill us in , I know you have fucked with the dealer some more about the price....the music is playing , you and the dealer are doing the dance....so please tell what have been your latest moves
On another Zoom Call right now (Covid has made my work busier actually) but 2 mins before I joined..the dealer called and said some of the parts I want need to be ordered...I said we have 20+ dealers in Chicago...can you please check with them? - Then I said, you know what I want and where I want to be, I'll come up a bit but want the other parts included...you guys can make this work..if you work with me...I have to call them back when i wrap this call that I am barely paying attention to

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
These threads are always some of the best on this site. Thank you SE!

·
Registered
920 Posts
That one sold....and had the RDRS System...the one I am looking at does not...but it does have Cans, Grips, Bars (that I asked they swap out to the taller option) and Paint Matched Chin Spoiler...that really ties the bike together
Are you finding the dealers more willing to negotiate with the economy locked up?

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Are you finding the dealers more willing to negotiate with the economy locked up?
My Dealer ALWAYS takes good care of me and does most...they really do go skinny on all deals so you tell your friends and they have more skinny deals closed vs going fat on a deal here and there and then skinny when the NEED to - As a point of reference, back in the 90s when Dealers had 1 or 2 bikes on the floor and you had to order...many shops would charge over MSRP to "get you in the question faster" and my shop never once did, only asked that when you buy "more chrome" (it was the 90s) you go to the Parts Desk...

The fact that I already walked away shows them I am fine doing so again - They know what they need to do and I will come up a bit so it is an even dance but I want what I want and my ST is still doing me right...and they know this..and are happy to work with me

21 - 40 of 237 Posts