Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just spoke...not what I wanted to hear but not giving up....we are at a point of Labor Hours now because I want different bars put on the bike that will of course require new cables (14 inch Apes) ....and so the dance continues

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am calling it now....after SE buys this bike it will be gone before Thanksgiving, when he takes it to the dealer to drop of for winter storage some newer, shinier bike will catch his eye on the floor.
Ha....at this point, I have run out of witty comebacks and would just be recycled efforts......

Been texting a bit back and forth with @Nordic Berserker who is my True North on stuff like this and we have been doing the pros and cons and in his infinite, tall nordic ways, he summed it up with, "The Heritage was perfect for Deadwood and railing those roads...but how often are you riding like that? - You can make the RG fit you like the Heritage does in terms of Bars and such and you and I both know what good tunes mean"...and he left it at that - I like that this Silver is no longer going to be offered but that is also working against me...also, where you think that dealers want to move now as bikes are not selling as fast...inventory is null for the next 2-3 months...dealers are not "dealer trading" for stuff as that are hoarding bikes like butt wipes...but I am not giving up

Emotions aside (tough to do) if it happens, great, if not, the old gal in the garage has never let me down and still is a fucking riot to ride

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Fuck 'em....maybe I cross state lines and ride this home - No price listed HAS to be a good thing...keep the punters away (immense sarcasm)...hell, I might just even buy a CVO SG just to fuck everything up......nah

or fuck it ....I wrestled with oversized fronts before

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Fuck 'em....maybe I cross state lines and ride this home - No price listed HAS to be a good thing...keep the punters away (immense sarcasm)...hell, I might just even buy a CVO SG just to fuck everything up......nah

or fuck it ....I wrestled with oversized fronts before

(, I might just even buy a CVO SG) Don't cuss like that, I got a picture of my mother in my wallet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Conrads quoted me $ 600 for bars without new lines.
The dealer should take better care of you. You've given them a lot of business.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
The 2020 says “Its new Prodigy™ wheels are outfitted with optional Reflex™ Defensive Rider Systems that connect electronically with your bike to ebb and flow through any type of weather” but I don’t see the button to activate on the clutch side. It does have some nice add ons though. I’m sure the price tag is an eye opener.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I like the 19s tank badges. Different. Hate to say, and I will be probably yelled at but fuck it, everybody has black bikes. Dime a dozen.. Keep to your guns with the silver or look for a silver one somewhere else.

Lesley wants me to get a black bike. Why? Cause they blend into a parking lot and don't stand out.

Why would any right minded person want to do that on these bikes?!

Not me....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Conrads quoted me $ 600 for bars without new lines.
The dealer should take better care of you. You've given them a lot of business.
Thx Man...they will take care of me...just need to find a happy medium...like any good deal, where we are both happy...not "Hug you to death" happy but more of a hand shake and that side glance like where both look at each other and think... "Did he just fuck me?....BAH, fuck it" and then the quick hug

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
(, I might just even buy a CVO SG) Don't cuss like that, I got a picture of my mother in my wallet.
Not gonna lie to ya BG...the '19 SG CVO in that Dark Burgundy that is almost black with the (6) Speaker 900 watt system...I was tempted but still had the GunShip Gray and could not do it

I think we are closer now...gonna head down on Sat to see it all on Paper and do my best to find the last little bit of wiggle room that I can...still dunno amigo

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Not gonna lie to ya BG...the '19 SG CVO in that Dark Burgundy that is almost black with the (6) Speaker 900 watt system...I was tempted but still had the GunShip Gray and could not do it

I think we are closer now...gonna head down on Sat to see it all on Paper and do my best to find the last little bit of wiggle room that I can...still dunno amigo
A brother got one and let me ride it. That sound system is impressive . It just happens to be that dark burgundy color .too. Nice bike.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My friend has that bike and its sweet and beautiful in the sun.....for a girls bike 😂

FWIW......NJ dealers were allowed to reopen completely yesterday, and my dealers FB page was loaded with 9 bikes delivered. Don't know if that's a record, but they must be doing some wheeling and dealing.
Good Luck in your search

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The OL caught me Bar Shopping last night and asked..."Should I act surprised...?" and began to laugh - She did have a legitimate concern for my back and the "Big Bike" as she called it and I explained the differences of the ST to the RGS, why I got rid of the CVO (aside from the 21 up front and tour pack weigh distro, that bike brought TOO much attention as well and the pre-judgement of a $40K+ bike never sat well with me) and that I wish I still had my '17...and that I will be getting the rolling bike stand to help in the garage...to which she said..."And those Handle Bars are for the stand?"....love her sarcasm

In all honesty, I think that if I can make this work...I am going to go a completely different direction on how I want the bike set up - I was once only performance minded and looks drove a lot of my direction - Now, I think I want a nice fluffy seat, higher than previous windscreen to create a nice pocket, taller bars as I use to like the low, wide, flat track type bars to push and pull the bike in and out of corners, some nice plush rear shocks and will not even touch the 114...I was fine with my stock 107 in the '17 and rode this stock 114 too...I think it is time for me to "settle in" and not worry about dragging hard parts...just chill and be comfortable and blast the SHIT outta some Yanni

·
Registered
921 Posts
Please step away from the computer! Somebody please check his temperature and check to see if he is on something....

Lolol

Good luck dude.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
The OL caught me Bar Shopping last night and asked..."Should I act surprised...?" and began to laugh - She did have a legitimate concern for my back and the "Big Bike" as she called it and I explained the differences of the ST to the RGS, why I got rid of the CVO (aside from the 21 up front and tour pack weigh distro, that bike brought TOO much attention as well and the pre-judgement of a $40K+ bike never sat well with me) and that I wish I still had my '17...and that I will be getting the rolling bike stand to help in the garage...to which she said..."And those Handle Bars are for the stand?"....love her sarcasm

In all honesty, I think that if I can make this work...I am going to go a completely different direction on how I want the bike set up - I was once only performance minded and looks drove a lot of my direction - Now, I think I want a nice fluffy seat, higher than previous windscreen to create a nice pocket, taller bars as I use to like the low, wide, flat track type bars to push and pull the bike in and out of corners, some nice plush rear shocks and will not even touch the 114...I was fine with my stock 107 in the '17 and rode this stock 114 too...I think it is time for me to "settle in" and not worry about dragging hard parts...just chill and be comfortable and blast the SHIT outta some Yanni
Swapping the 12" Special Shocks with the 13" Ultra shocks made a big difference in comfort. If you go after market, I can just imagine how much more better it would be for your back.

In addition, changing the stock bars on the Special to the RG tallboy bars increased the comfort to another level. Bars are subjective since everybody has different body geometry, but for me, the tallboy is perfect in rise, pullback and angle of the grips.

Lastly, adding a touring seat and 14" Freedom shield was icing on the cake. Wouldn't have been able to ride from Glacier NP to Deadwood to meet you troublemakers for SWIX.

Get what you want....and mod it any way you want it....who cares what others think...and be happy :cool: .... even if you trade her in 8 months :p

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Please step away from the computer! Somebody please check his temperature and check to see if he is on something....
Truth is, I don't ride with "Hair On Fire" guys anymore and am pretty damn happy about it as when I was an idiot on another level...it was only "me" that I worried about - Now the kids and OL depend on me more and I feel selfish when I start doing dumb shit - The Only twisties I rail are when i find you fucks somewhere in N America and we call it SW...the other 99.999% of the time I am back country road chillin...

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Swapping the 12" Special Shocks with the 13" Ultra shocks made a big difference in comfort. If you go after market, I can just imagine how much more better it would be for your back.

In addition, changing the stock bars on the Special to the RG tallboy bars increased the comfort to another level. Bars are subjective since everybody has different body geometry, but for me, the tallboy is perfect in rise, pullback and angle of the grips.

Lastly, adding a touring seat and 14" Freedom shield was icing on the cake. Wouldn't have been able to ride from Glacier NP to Deadwood to meet you troublemakers for SWIX.

Get what you want....and mod it any way you want it....who cares what others think...and be happy :cool: .... even if you trade her in 8 months :p
Had Tall Boys on my '15 Beast and did love them - Looking at a 14 inch, narrow Bar with a nice pull back to put the grip height about 12.5 or so - The Bars off the ST are structured the same way, narrow, 14 heigh with 12 at grip and I dig them the most - I'll prob stay with Memphis Shades but got a tad higher and get the "Fade" that allows see thru at the top...seat, fuck if I know as that will be the hardest for me to finalize....but, none of this is relevant if we can't find common ground this weekend when I head to the Dealer...can always accomplish more Face to Face vs over the phone

·
Registered
921 Posts
Truth is, I don't ride with "Hair On Fire" guys anymore and am pretty damn happy about it as when I was an idiot on another level...it was only "me" that I worried about - Now the kids and OL depend on me more and I feel selfish when I start doing dumb shit - The Only twisties I rail are when i find you fucks somewhere in N America and we call it SW...the other 99.999% of the time I am back country road chillin...
That sometimes it better. These big are meant to be riding couch mentality and not speed racer. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Lot less problems down the road too.

... none of this is relevant if we can't find common ground this weekend when I head to the Dealer...can always accomplish more Face to Face vs over the phone
Agree. You would think that your still going back and forth with them they would see that as your still interested and want to deal. So just get it over with and give you the deal you want. Its not like you are from the other side of the country and this will be the only one you buy from them ever.

41 - 60 of 237 Posts