Road Glide banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
That sometimes it better. These big are meant to be riding couch mentality and not speed racer. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Lot less problems down the road too.
Agree. You would think that your still going back and forth with them they would see that as your still interested and want to deal. So just get it over with and give you the deal you want. Its not like you are from the other side of the country and this will be the only one you buy from them ever.
We spoke last night and are close...the Mgr is going back to the (1) Mechanic that works on my bikes to say, "Can you shave some time for Eddie on the Bars and cable project" and then to the P&A Counter to say "bump his standard 10% disc up to 20 on this one" so he is doing all the right things to shave what he can, where he can...he knows I am in no hurry and all I asked was he not sell the Raiders Tribute Bike from under me - We will find a way and as he always does, when I am at his desk and it is time for me to click all the "accept" things that come with the E-Sign, he will find someway to drop a few hundred more here and there - I think the reason he takes care of me is I do not pressure him, ever and I am never in a "I must have this now" situation...except for that damn CVO....which as I was rolling it off the lot, some dude came up to me all pissed off as he came down that day to buy it and I was riding it away...I knew that bike would not sit long

·
Registered
758 Posts
In all honesty, I think that if I can make this work...I am going to go a completely different direction on how I want the bike set up - I was once only performance minded and looks drove a lot of my direction - Now, I think I want a nice fluffy seat, higher than previous windscreen to create a nice pocket, taller bars as I use to like the low, wide, flat track type bars to push and pull the bike in and out of corners, some nice plush rear shocks and will not even touch the 114...I was fine with my stock 107 in the '17 and rode this stock 114 too...I think it is time for me to "settle in" and not worry about dragging hard parts...just chill and be comfortable and blast the SHIT outta some Yanni
The thing is - with your skill level - your version of lollygagging is the next guy's white knuckle ride.

I.e. I've never rode professionally, but I have out ridden "professionals" (please don't make me explain that..) back in the day.

No matter how hard you try to "slow down", there are always those moments one can't resist... I'm getting better...but I still suck at it. :D But keeping the bike a bit closer to the stock/plush side does help keep one "honest" (/out of jail..).

Just thinking out loud man - it's all good.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
The thing is - with your skill level - your version of lollygagging is the next guy's white knuckle ride.

I.e. I've never rode professionally, but I have out ridden "professionals" (please don't make me explain that..) back in the day.

No matter how hard you try to "slow down", there are always those moments one can't resist... I'm getting better...but I still suck at it. :D But keeping the bike a bit closer to the stock/plush side does help keep one "honest" (/out of jail..).

Just thinking out loud man - it's all good.
True...True...with a side of...you guessed it...True

Just hung up with the dealer...funny how life is...found themselves in a dealer trade situation and the other shop had my Silver...short of the long is...will save me labor hours putting the bars I want on vs taking the Chiz Lows that are on the bike in this thread and then rewiring for my bars...also, they are finding some other nibble bits to add (Axel Nut Covers, Black Bag Latch Handle, etc) and even said I can pretty much pick what cans I want now vs going with the Cobra NH's...they said they hear a lot of good thing about a Co named "Kromewerks" in terms of sound and from their dyno guy - Will toss the painted Chin Spoiler on the new as well - So, net net, I am in no hurry, found a way to shave some hours got the numbers where I am good and they are too...just have to wait now

Also got a line on a CVO Seat w/Riders back rest....

If Harley comes out with the new Frame and Mono Rear in 2021 I'll Evil Kenevil this sum bitch into Lake Mich...YTBD if I hang on and go with it !!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just put Khromewerks 4.5s on my limited really like them. Only did slip ons. Cheapest I found was Direct Cycle Parts. $600.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I just put Khromewerks 4.5s on my limited really like them. Only did slip ons. Cheapest I found was Direct Cycle Parts. $600.
With the Chin Spoiler tying the Bike together and The Dude giving me the thumbs up on the KW 4.5s...I'm diggin the vibe of where this bike is going

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,616 Posts
I am calling it now....after SE buys this bike it will be gone before Thanksgiving, when he takes it to the dealer to drop of for winter storage some newer, shinier bike will catch his eye on the floor.
They're like shiny baubles that he just can't resist!

·
7,616 Posts
(, I might just even buy a CVO SG) Don't cuss like that, I got a picture of my mother in my wallet.
If he buys a Street Glide, we're sure gonna miss him!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Get what you want....and mod it any way you want it....who cares what others think...and be happy :cool: .... even if you trade her in 8 months :p
The older I get the more this seems to be operative for me. I'm not talking just about bikes, but in all aspects of my life. I think I'm turning into a curmudgeon. It sure makes it a lot easier when you just don't give a shit.

As to this particular deal, I have no comment. A ways back I predicted he'd get a Live Wire. I don't gamble anymore, either. I had the same kind of luck.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sounds like it all has come together for you......good job SE......hope to see you at Sharkweek......you, Nordic and if you can get James and Eddienelson there your posse will ride again......I’ll be over with Bob in the over 60 crowd

·
Registered
8,561 Posts

·
7,616 Posts
SE ain't going nowhere, the Batwing guys won't let him hang.
Well then, I guess he needs to quit f'ing around and buy that silver beast today! What ever happened to the "Maple" CVO he was jonesing for? SE, did that one get sold before you could pull the trigger, or did you just decide to go in a different direction?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
What ever happened to the "Maple" CVO he was jonesing for? SE, did that one get sold before you could pull the trigger, or did you just decide to go in a different direction?
In the end...did not want that 110 TC, older style faring, Non M8 and the new Front Susp...I am a Rushmore Guy

·
7,616 Posts
Then I guess this low mileage, showroom condition Maple and Black CVO wouldn't interest you.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Then I guess this low mileage, showroom condition Maple and Black CVO wouldn't interest you.

That ended and that ad was so far off from the truth as to what came with that bike I'd be surprised if it was indeed a real sale.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Well then, I guess he needs to quit f'ing around and buy that silver beast today! What ever happened to the "Maple" CVO he was jonesing for?
Some people prefer a Goofy Fox body mustang like the Benders over the original GT’s. Bender glides will be replaced with improved version eventually but original Road Glides will always be cool. 😁 I guess Eddie is more Vanilla Ice then Steve McQueen

Attachments

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Some people prefer a Goofy Fox body mustang like the Benders over the original GT’s. Bender glides will be replaced with improved version eventually but original Road Glides will always be cool. 😁 I guess Eddie is more Vanilla Ice then Steve McQueen
You know I am just rollin....... in my 5.0 ..........with the rag top down so my back hair can blow......

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Fuck....seat shopping SAHUUUUUCCCKS - Have a line on a CVO Seat with Riders Back Rest but really want to just go full on pillow as fuck comfy...with a Riders Back Rest but hard to tell with the "this one is down and back this distance, this sits you up this distance"....fuck if I know how its gonna work with my 14 inch bars - I rocked CVO Seats for years...on the '15, '17 and '18 CVO and the Heritage Stocker is amazing - Tough to go by pictures and reviews....its like shopping for Cans (no @Uncle Fuzzy ...not taking about the OL's) and trying to judge sound from a vid clip shot from a phone

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I can look at and judge cans all day by pictures
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_1532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 95 Posts