Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research I purchased a 13" Windvest for the roadglide. Quality shield and looked good on the bike but riding one up or two up (I'm 5'10") it just wasn't cutting it for me/us. Lot of buffeting and bike has lowers. So I started looking for something that would work for 1 or 2 up riding without having to change shields or putting a billboard on the front!
So after a lot of reluctance I ordered the Madstad in medium tint. A lot more expensive for sure and defiantly not the "coolest" looking shield out but I'm getting the age where I'm after function or "cool".
I will advise and update this post after the install and a few miles.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The look will grow on you to the point where you will not only like it, but you'll start to think that Road Glides without MadStad's look funny!

However, the function will not grow on you. The function will blow you away right out of the box. Once you find your sweet spot you will be so happy - and so will your passenger.

I've owned two on to separate bikes and I have run both of mine all the down with the angle basically mimicking the same angle as the mounting plate.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you're looking for "cool" status, go ahead and call them back to cancel your order. Stick with the Windvest or any other short shield that gives your bike that "sleek and sexy look" and all the buffeting that comes with it. The Madstad will give you miles of non turbulent riding with "clean air" once it is dialed in correctly. I had one of those 12" shields for the first 12,000 miles and immediately threw that POS in the trash once my Madstad arrived.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I like the MadStad. When I drop by the dealer or any gathering of other riders, there are certainly lots of folks who walk right up and say "Cool windshield. Where can I get one?" Even the batwing guys like the looks. As for function, I think the MS is the reason all the new batwing and shark fairings now have vents built-in. I think the MadStad guy should send me a free 16 inch clear shield for that plug.;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Mark actually makes a MS shield for the pre Rushmore batwings, 2 of my friends own them! They aren't as perfect as the RG version but they are a damn good windshield....my plug!!!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You are going to love it. I too was a slow learner and tried to go cheaper but I have learned you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am so close to pulling the trigger on the Madstad, Can folks please post there pics of thers. I am torn as to the 11 or the 13
inch screen, I am 5'10' but I had Mean City Cycles lower me an inch in my seat.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I have the 11" Dark Smoke and love it.
I'm 5'-10" and it's a perfect fit.
It looks great lowered and not bad raised either.
I'm trying to post pics but the damn things keep coming out upside down.
If someone can school me on how to attach them properly I'd appreciate it.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I have the 11" Dark Smoke and love it.
I'm 5'-10" and it's a perfect fit.
It looks great lowered and not bad raised either.
I'm trying to post pics but the damn things keep coming out upside down.
If someone can school me on how to attach them properly I'd appreciate it.
Mike U.
Take the picture upside down, so when you pozt it , it will be right side up. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am so close to pulling the trigger on the Madstad, Can folks please post there pics of thers. I am torn as to the 11 or the 13
Just pull that trigger, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What you need to consider is how high you want to be able to go. I am 6ft, ride an Ultra and have a 13 inch shield, dark. I reversed the brackets for a little more height. Raised all the way up at a 57.5 degree angle the shield is 9 inches above the top of the radio housing. About 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher then my stock. I look over the shield.

I am on my kindle traveling so no pics, but search my username. I recently posted some pics on what have you done to your roadglide and posted the measurements on the windshield database thread.

·
Registered
463 Posts
At 5'10" you should probably go with the 13". If you think it might be too high due to being lowered by the seat, you could always have them (MadStad) drill your holes an inch higher which would lower your windshield an inch. I'm just under 5'8" and I had mine done that way.

I'll post some photos of mine if I can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Based on all of the high praise this windshield has gotten I finally pulled the trigger last night. I hope this is the last windshield I ever have to buy

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Based on all of the high praise this windshield has gotten I finally pulled the trigger last night. I hope this is the last windshield I ever have to buy
Had mine for almost 2 years now. The looks grow on you and it works.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts