Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you guys go through well nuts but it seems that every time I clean my bike I have at least one that's loose & when I look closer, it is broke. I tend to go through about a set per riding season on my 13 RGC. Maybe it's because if the Madstad & the extra weight, maybe not. I found these this spring and tried them out, they work great and fit well. There the same specs as the OEM ones but at a fraction of the cost. So... I thought I would share these with others that seem to be spending a small fortune on a set of 5 well nuts. For less than $23.00, I get a box of 25..

·
Registered
357 Posts
So what's your source? Inquiring minds and all that stuff. When I need one or two I have found them at the local ACE Hardware store.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Get the heavy duty ones. Many places sale them including Madstad. You'll never replace another one.

Reactions: madmat and RGKen

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had a couple sets of the HD ones from Madstad & Klock Werks & they have all failed. I've come to the realization that I just need to watch them & change them out when needed..

Get the heavy duty ones. Many places sale them including Madstad. You'll never replace another one.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I've had a couple sets of the HD ones from Madstad & Klock Werks & they have all failed. I've come to the realization that I just need to watch them & change them out when needed..
That's strange. I've not had a problem. About every 6 months, I do check tightness.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry man, thought I put the link on the first post.. Here you go!
25 Rubber Well Nuts #10-32 .807 Length 3/8" Hole | eBay

I tried Ace where I'm at and they give me the deer in the headlight look..
Ace might not call them well nuts, dunno. I was rummaging thru the fastener section looking for something to replace, well, well nuts and happened across a drawer full of them in various sizes. Freightliner uses well nuts to attach the grill to the fiberglass hood on my truck, and found what I was looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts