Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those still riding 13 and down RG, where do y'all get the wellnuts for the windshield? One of mine went bad, and need to replace. Didn't know if there was somewhere local other than Harley. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
My local Handyman Hardware store carries them, maybe one of your local hardware stores will also, if the closest dealer is far away.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I bought mine at Fastenal, the head is a little bigger, therefore they do not fall threw .... almost same price , but a better product.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
You can rehabilitate them with a hot air gun or hair dryer. Blow hot air on them from about 8-12 inches away and they go back to pretty much their original shape.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
317 Posts
See if you can get them in brass threads. That way they will not rust and lock up, like the normal ones do. Most hardware store have them, as was mentioned before.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Graingers

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up going through the Harley dealer, but may get some from Grainger next time. I can't get the damn wellnut to stay inside of the fairing. It keeps popping out.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
I ended up going through the Harley dealer, but may get some from Grainger next time. I can't get the damn wellnut to stay inside of the fairing. It keeps popping out.

Sometimes the holes in the outer fairing can become enlarged. One of the ways to fix that is to glue in a thin flat washer on the inside using crazy glue or gorilla glue. This method works better with the non-stock longer well nuts like those from a hardware store.

For the best glue grip sand the inside of the outer fairing where the washer is to adhere with some fine sandpaper to give it a little scratch and improve the surface area for the glue to adhere too.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
16 Posts
I reused my stock wellnuts, but I would like to get some better ones. Checked Home Depot, but they only had some small scrawny ones. Anybody want to share the Grainger part number? They have many different sizes and I want to make sure to get the correct ones. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts