Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put these bars on there RG? I know you have to cut the gauge housing. Are there any other issues like inner fairing interference or any other issue I may over look before I take this on? Im not a big guy and im not to into apes so I was going to keep them short, 8"or 10". Will I have to change any of my wires or cables if I keep it 10" max?
thx for any help!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
You shouldn't have to change anything at 10"s. Most apes you can go to 12" on newer bikes with a simple reroute of the clutch cable. Never seen those bars on a RG but my brother has them on his dyna. Nice bars!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You shouldn't have to change anything at 10"s. Most apes you can go to 12" on newer bikes with a simple reroute of the clutch cable. Never seen those bars on a RG but my brother has them on his dyna. Nice bars!
They seem like quality bars. I like the look but if no one has ever used them maybe there's a reason..... My gauge housing is painted so im a lil timid about it, but hell only one way to find out at this point. thanks for the info laxinharley

·
Registered
178 Posts
Take a look at wild 1 site. Go to bike pics and under road glides there is a pic of their new mx style bar. I think it's the very first pic under road glides. Looks damn good IMO. May be going that route. I would prefer 14-16" but these 12s may work with stock cables.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
I gave a set of 12 inch mx bars from west coast tbars. I had a set of 14 inch apes before so i had already done cables and hoses but i think the stock set up would have probably worked. The only real mod you have to do is cutting the holes in the clamp cover. Its a pretty straight forward job

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 14" t bars on my glide from vinditka. I had to cut my clamp cover but its not that big of deal.1.25" bars are easier to fit then 1.50 " . Best mode I have done so far. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had quite a few different sets of bars on a few different bikes. These are by far the most comfortable bars I've owned . The picture is a little misleading , the bars are not wider than the front fairing , even though they look wider in the picture. West coast also makes the "slingshot" which is even narrower. Hope the info helps

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I've had quite a few different sets of bars on a few different bikes. These are by far the most comfortable bars I've owned . The picture is a little misleading , the bars are not wider than the front fairing , even though they look wider in the picture. West coast also makes the "slingshot" which is even narrower. Hope the info helps
Thanks bud. Was thinking that too. Definitely not same as mine are a tad wider than fairing. Looks sharp man

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
567 Posts
risers

i want to do something similar but using 4 or 6 inch risers with the stock bars,anyone done this or any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I installed the Wild 1 Chubby Outlawz, 12" on my 2013.
www.wild1inc.com/557jp.html
That looks dope ! So does Nicadocias22 ! I'm planning 14" West Coast MXTbars for this winter. I'm thinking bout puttin my gauges on the bars and fabricating a neck cover or puttin in some midrange speakers.

I like my Road6 bars, but I'm gettin old an my back hurts.

Peace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts