Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the extended bags from West End Motorsports are re-branded Advan Black bags. There pictures are identical as well as the option selector. The only difference is theirs are $150 more than Advan Black. I am looking for extended bags, I know I should just bite the bullet and order Top Shop from The Factory Match, but $1400 is a little steep. Even their website says some hardware adjustment may be necessary. I will probably go with AB, but was wondering about these from West End Motorsports.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here is a rear shot of my Top Shop from Factory Match vs. my buddies Advan Black. Not that the Advan Black ones are bad, and I did consider them, it’s just that I am a bit of a perfectionist and I knew I would end up spending $ twice. I bit the bullet and spent the extra money on Top Shop from Factory Match. Extremely happy with the quality of the rear end and the paint work from Factory Match is top notch.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a rear shot of my Top Shop from Factory Match vs. my buddies Advan Black. Not that the Advan Black ones are bad, and I did consider them, it’s just that I am a bit of a perfectionist and I knew I would end up spending $ twice. I bit the bullet and spent the extra money on Top Shop from Factory Match. Extremely happy with the quality of the rear end and the paint work from Factory Match is top notch.
From the picture I can only tell that there is a difference in the bottom cut. I can't see a difference in the paint from that far away. I agree with paying the extra and normally I am not a cheap ass, but the Top Shop are nearly three times the price. I have Advan lowers, there ok, but not perfect, but I am not a perfectionist. I was more curious to see if West End actually made there own or just bought Advans added $150 and called them their own.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Totally understand the price difference. I want them also, along with other things. My experience with everything in my life, when I go cheap I end up spending more in the end. Don't know if its bad luck or what but it never seems to work out for me.
I bought speaker lids on the cheap and they suck. Going to replace those or have them painted. So in the end I will have spent more then if I would have waited, saved, and bought the better ones.
Just my experience

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am glad I finally got to see a pic of top shop and advanblack bags side by side. I like the oem look of the advanblack bags a bit more. This helped me a lot. And what’s up with the GIANT Del. Plates??

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am glad I finally got to see a pic of top shop and advanblack bags side by side. I like the oem look of the advanblack bags a bit more. This helped me a lot. And what’s up with the GIANT Del. Plates??
In Delaware, the standard MC plate is smaller and blue with yellow lettering. If you have a low enough digit tag, you can run a vintage style of tag that is metal with a ceramic coating. Now that I'm running the TopShop fender, I may switch back to the smaller standard plate since there is a frenched in license location when I'm up for a new inspection sticker.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That is one ugly scooter DE-Glide! Who’s console did you waste all that money on? Not that I want one or anything....just asking. 😁

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts