Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I’m in Mahwah area, just over TAP. We often ride in CT/MASS/RI, Bear MT is a usual after work ride. Sometimes we start in Peekskill area.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I'm in CT and usually have my Sunday's off to ride.

Reactions: Chase19RGS

·
Registered
125 Posts
PM me your email. Bear Mt is great, but a fairly short loop of mixed roads....2 hours of riding is more than enough for all of Bear Mt and Harriman State Park.
Greetings

Hi, I'm Bob (Bobinator) and I live in Ringwood NJ.

I too ride the Seven Lakes/Harriman area with some frequency (among others areas near us) and would like to join in a group ride. Did anything become of this thread?

Mrs. Bobinator (Donna) and I like to take rides out to Daryls House, Hawks Nest, Angry Orchard et.al. by ourselves and sometimes in small groups. Would love to have some more Sharks with us.

Anybody going to SWX? I'll be riding out on Monday July 13 with RoadGlide.Org member Lu.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
let me know when you do the Bear Mt ride, I'll come up.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
lol, didn't know this thread was started 10 months ago. Nevertheless, we should get together and ride in that area this August or Sept

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hawks Nest, Bear Mountain, throw in a winery tour or Hudson Valley beer trail.....I grew up in Warwick and try to get back once a year or every other year just for something to do.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome this thread is coming back to life.

We are pretty lucky to have outstanding roads all around us.

Regarding the Bear Mountain area, currently many roads around and to Bear Mountain are closed so the ride is somewhat of a letdown. Outside of Seven Lakes Drive, most all ancillary roads through Harriman (Kanawauke 106, Tiorati Brook Road et.al.) are closed, creating basically a single road through the park with plenty of 'parking traffic' and a slow going subdued ride unless you're there early. Still scenic. I live real close and will post when they re-open all the roads.

Anybody interested in an early morning (7:00/8:00ish) ride up to Hawks Nest this Sunday (6/28) ? I say early morning because its been getting real hot in the afternoons and an early start has less traffic. Ride through Warwick, Pine Island, onto Port Jervis to Hawks Nest. We're flexible regarding a meeting place, Rhodes North on route 17 in Sloatsburg usually works for most locals.

Nevertheless, I'll be posting future rides to some of our favorite places like the Motorcycle Museum in Newburgh, NY (featuring route 218 Storm King Highway), Deryls House (with a stop at ghost filled bar in Carmel), Angry Orchard, Orange County Choppers...

Please add additional ideas.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I am up there every weekend even though I come from Long Island, I also love riding thru Conn especially thru Kent, awesome roads, hope to retire to that state one day.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Later in the week I'll know what my plans are for the weekend, but so far, this Sunday is good. I doubt I can meet @ Rhodes North Tavern till 9am (at the earliest). is that OK?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey there Lu,

9:00 will be no problem. Looking forward to meeting ya.

Anybody else interested in joining, obviously 9:00 will be our meet time.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This Sunday, the weather is calling for Thunderstorms, should we postpone the ride?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Probably...no fun in the rain and your riding from a lot further.

So...it's officially postponed. I figured we can make a game time decision if we do want to go. I'll check very early Sun. morning to see if Mrs. Bobinator and I decide to ride and will let you know what we are doing.

Looking forward to meeting/riding with you, but not if we are risking getting soaked. Cleaning all that gray rain schmegma...sucks!

Lu, have a good day

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Probably...no fun in the rain and your riding from a lot further.

So...it's officially postponed. I figured we can make a game time decision if we do want to go. I'll check very early Sun. morning to see if Mrs. Bobinator and I decide to ride and will let you know what we are doing.

Looking forward to meeting/riding with you, but not if we are risking getting soaked. Cleaning all that gray rain schmegma...sucks!

Lu, have a good day
sounds like a plan!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Lu,

Amazingly enough, we have had very little rain today (slight drizzle for ten minutes) but still sounds poor for tomorrow.
Again I respect the distance your coming which would not be great in rain, so lets try again soon.

If we do go out it will be just locally early for breakfast...and even that is still questionable.
see ya soon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts