Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seams on a stock 2016 road glide seat after a wash or rain holds water and slowly seeps on your inner legs all day. Thanks Harley :surprise:

As i can see this has been a problem that has been around for a few years. My question is , how hard is it to seal the seams myself and how would i do it?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Tent seam sealer might work but I imagine that you would see discoloration where it was applied. You can always try a cover - I have a partial cover that works for me when I remember otherwise I just embrace the suck that goes along with riding a motorcycle.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oh come on, so what if people think you pissed yourself, if they are fuckin with you then they are leaving someone else alone:grin::wink:

BTW you might want to try using a clear silicone and run a very small bead along the stiching of the seat.

Mike

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Use a sheepskin. Cool when it's hot, warm when it's cold and covers the seams.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Sheepskins work well for a lot of things, but riding in the wet is not one of them. The Circulator seat pads work better on a wet seat and they are more comfortable when it's hot.

And should you get to roll in the rain, the sheepskins take forever to dry and smell wonderful while they are hanging in the motel room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts