Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Upgrading stereo and was curious what 6.5's people are running in the fairing. I hear Focals are great but spendy, want bang for the buck you know. I will be putting 6.5's in stock location and a pair in the inside of the fairing for 4 speakers. I know I need slim mounts for that. And then 6x9 lids. I already have some Sonys but don't know if they will work they are in storage and older and not sure of wattage or ohm-age on them. Thanks

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Loaded question. There's a lot of good 6.5s out there. Are you looking to go coaxial or component, 2 or 4ohm, and what are you looking to spend?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Polk audio!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loaded question. There's a lot of good 6.5s out there. Are you looking to go coaxial or component, 2 or 4ohm, and what are you looking to spend?

Sent from my SPH-L710
Well my amp situation is PBR300x2 so I am guessing to run 4 off that I have to go parallel with 2 4ohm which would bring it to 2ohm for that amp and then another PBR300x2 for the 6x9 is what I am thinking. Coax would obviously be easier but not opposed to component if I could see how people have mounted them

·
Banned
845 Posts
Arc audio moto 6.5 in front and focal integration series 6.5 in the stock pods. If u want loud go arc moto, if u want clean go focal, but I think Hertz would be my next choice

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the input. I went down to my local stereo store to have a listen. Took my Ipod that I always use and a cord so I could hear MY music, not theirs, since that's what I want to hear and I decided on 6, Hybrid Technology Mirus. With my music they blew every other set of 6.5"s away hands down. So I will 2 sets in fairing and a set in saddlebags. Rocken Away. And by looking at them they LOOK like the cheapest set they had displayed, lol. But they are not cheaply made, just look it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks to all for the input. I went down to my local stereo store to have a listen. Took my Ipod that I always use and a cord so I could hear MY music, not theirs, since that's what I want to hear and I decided on 6, Hybrid Technology Mirus. With my music they blew every other set of 6.5"s away hands down. So I will 2 sets in fairing and a set in saddlebags. Rocken Away. And by looking at them they LOOK like the cheapest set they had displayed, lol. But they are not cheaply made, just look it.
Good choice!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Good choice! I am running two sets of Hybrid 6.5 , one set in the fairing and one in my lowers. Pushed by a BT 4180 amp with a Sony head unit and my I Pod. Sounds awesome. I have no lid speakers so I can't comment there. I can hear them at any speed clear as a bell. Ride safe all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts