Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the last minute I decided to boost my stock audio when I take the fairing apart.I already have what appear to be good Hertz speakers and believe I will add the sound deadener as well as Arc mini amp.My dilemma is my system is an 8 ohm ??? system?? Is that correct? If so I did not see any options for that spec on there website. Can somebody clarify this for me? And who if anybody handles amps for this application. Thanx.LNWLF

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
To get the best performance out of the amp, you should match the speakers, the amp will work, but you won't get the max out of it. The positive side is that with it driving 8 ohms, it won't be working really hard.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decisions,decisions!

Further research and helpful input leads me to understand that as long as the ohm value of the speaker is either equal to or greater than that of the amp it will work.So now its down to more research as to which on to go with. From Schrugs earlier posts the Arc bxmini looks like a strong contender,but the Hawgwired unit also looks good due to the easy install with the plug and play harness.I know this subject had been discussed to the point of adnausium so I wont ask for further recommendations --unless you feel so inclined. I didn't realize how having a road glide would complicate my life so much! Not a problem with past bikes.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Hawgwired just came out with a new series of amps, I had Hawgwired before the current RFs I have now, I like both, but HW is a whole lot easier to contact and are made in USA, so I just orderd 2 more Hawgwired, so I guess you no where my opinion is......:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts