Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new set of Memphis Audio 5x7 car speakers from the previous owner when I bought the bike. I hear they will be better than the Hog Tunes that are in there now.

So they came with 2 of these box things.

Are these crossovers? If so, do I wire the main power and ground to the exsusting wires that go to the hog tunes?

Thanks for any info. I know very little about stereos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now the blue wire going to the Hogtunes speaker is the hot and the black wire going to it is the ground.

So, I should in theory be able to solder the red wire on the crossover to the blue wire that's in the bike now, and solder the 2 black wires together, correct?? There is 1 crossover for each speaker so id do the same on both sides.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
They look like crossovers to me also, a crossover is wired in between the amp outputs and usually a tweeter, there function is to take the low frequency out of the tweeters, for realibility,and crisp undistorted highs, you definately wouldn't want to wire those in on the woofer side of speakers, they should wire + to + and - to - from amp output to input of crossover, then same + to + and - to - from crossover out to tweeter in.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok great. I will solder the crossovers in before the speakers then. I'll mount them to the inner with 3m tape. The connectors are different sizes going to the speakers so should be hard to mess that up. I'll shorten the wires way down on the crossovers to avoid un-needed bulk and solder them to the existing wires.

Now I gotta learn to solder haha.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts