Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two rides I'm trying to choose from in So. Cal. One is a HOG event that leaves Barger HD at 9:00 am it's called the Cal-Vet Home Ride. I have never been on a ride put on by a HOG chapter. It leaves the San Fernando Valley and takes a nice canyon ride to the Pacific Coast Hwy. and ends at a veterans home not far from Santa Monica with lunch included. The other is called Ride to the flags and starts a little later at the Pt. Magu Naval Base in Ventura CA. Gates open at 10:00 am with some ceremony stuff and then a ride down Pacific Coast Hwy. at 2:00 pm to Pepperdine University in Malibu CA. There will be a big memorial set up there with a full size flag for every innocent life lost in the attacks, 2,977 of them taking up 8 acres. Also has a military fly over. I'm leaning toward the Ride to the Flags cause it starts a little later and I have a wedding to attend the dat before. There is info online for both events. If anybody is interested in either of these let me know and maybe we could meet up. Everybody else let's hear about your plans.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Man does time fly by..10 years have past and its still hard to comprehend what happened.
My sympathy to all that lost family, friends or colleagues to this event.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Going to a memorial ceremony, remembering my brothers and sister i have lost during the last 10 years of persistant conflict. So i can enjoy the freedoms the uniformed services provide. Land of the free because its home of the brave. Even if its only 1% of the population.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Fish fry at the house for a few close friends.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A proud Canadian, I was living in NYC Sept 11 and have since relocated to north shores of Chicago, IL.

I will admit that I am not yet sure what I believe really happened or who is ultimately responsible but what I am certain of is the tragic loss of life and trauma the events of Sept 11th brought home to North America.

Northern Ireland, England, Israel, Pakistan, Columbia... many parts of the world have lived and endured terror as part of daily life for decades but Sept 11th brought that to America in a BIG way.

I have no extra special plans for Sept 11th 2011 other than to remember the events and pray for those directly affected and treat everyone with courtesy and respect each and everyday... we all bleed red.

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?category=3&featureId=6&pageId=49&id=4324

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm flying home from Vegas (worked in Laughlin). I'm not worried about safety, just dreading the hassle of negotiating the airport on 9/11 with a bunch of rookies.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I'll probably be riding somewhere after church, just no organized ride.

I'll take a few moments for quiet thoughts for all those lost in this tragedy.

I've nothing against organized rides on the date.
But it does bother me the way there are a million television shows on exploiting the tragedy. To me there are plenty of entities who use the event as a marketing tool. I just prefer to do my remembering privately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts