Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 RG and time for brake pads. What kind should I go with that don't break the bank. I always have put EBC pads on my other bikes this will be the first brake pad change since new. Open to suggestions. Kevlar, Sintered, Ceramic?????

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
I bought the Lyndalls gold. They look like a nice pad. I can't review yet as they're still on the work bench. /I got mine at MC parts outlet. $49 a set.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I always had good luck with the stock brake pads from HD. Just ordered some back pads from PC PaiN and they were $39.56 + shipping.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Have n still use ECB on my other bike (s), the metalic ones, they will keep the rotors shined. Have always liked the water groove on em. Use oem on rear of 03 RG for ease of changing out and have saved ass many times with no glaze. This time I put ECB organic's on front (be sure to have right level of fluid!!!),yes there is. Hated em, took off, realized it was me (hea), they have a good feel, solid, and seem to resist locking, I use my fronts alot

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I always purchased the Lyndall Brake pads for my Road King. Will probably do the same when the time comes to replace the pads on my Road Glide. I purchased the Z-Plus, never had an issue.

http://www.lyndallbrakes.com/
Yep, Lyndall Racing Brakes (or LRB) for sure... been using them for a looooong time. Work very well and virtually NO brake dust with Z+ or Gold versions and Gold works best on heavy-weight scoots like ours.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was near the dealer tonight and stopped by and asked for a price on OEM pads SWEET JESUS $160 for pads idk still researching

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lyndall Racing most definitely!

I have their Rotors and Pads on my 02 FLTR...wouldn't use anything else.

Their products are solid and their C/Service is outstanding...nothing but love.

P.S. You'll find your wheels and tires will stay much cleaner with the Lyndall's...plus their stopping power is second to none.

Cheers,

D-

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lyndall Gold

I just bought 3 pair of Lyndall gold for my '10 from Eastern Performance on eBay. Paid $139 shipped. Bought them Monday, will be here Fri. Pretty speedy service.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I was near the dealer tonight and stopped by and asked for a price on OEM pads SWEET JESUS $160 for pads idk still researching
You must be going to Valpo HD they will never give you a Brake on prices.
The $160 has to be on all 3 pads (2 front and 1 rear) IF you pay attention to the forum the places to get good prices on parts are mentioned by forum members. CALL PC PaiN @ Horny Toad HD for the best prices you can get on HD or aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
I have found some ceramic pads front and rear $60 so I am not sure... then if I go with lyndall gold or z plus
The LRB gold were made for the heavier bikes such as ours.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have always gone back with the HD pads. Tried the Lyndall one time, could not get them to stop squealing. I will say this about Lyndall though. Their costumer service was excellent. They sent another set of pads and when that did not fix the problem, they gave me my money back. When back to HD and never looked back.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I put LRB gold on the front a few weeks ago, haven't noticed a considerable difference yet, however I like cleaning my bike about as much as I like going to the dentist, so I'm looking forward to not wiping brake dust off my new wheel.

Peace

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I put LRB gold on the front a few weeks ago, haven't noticed a considerable difference yet, however I like cleaning my bike about as much as I like going to the dentist, so I'm looking forward to not wiping brake dust off my new wheel.

Peace
That's one reason I'm a huge fan of LRB.

They have always worked great for me and I'm no wimp WRT clamping down on the front brake (former racer back before Columbus proved the earth wasn't flat) plus they're CLEAN and don't fertilize the rampant rust/corrosion we have down here.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have always gone back with the HD pads. Tried the Lyndall one time, could not get them to stop squealing. I will say this about Lyndall though. Their costumer service was excellent. They sent another set of pads and when that did not fix the problem, they gave me my money back. When back to HD and never looked back.
Missed your post 02heritage... have you tried something like this stuff?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_disc-brake-quiet-crc_12032707-p

Daub some on the backside of the pad - goes between the pad and the caliper piston. Several brands out there and they all do the job just fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts