Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 14" vindikta marauders on the way and want to change out the riser bushings. What bushings are you guys using on the rushmore bikes?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I’m using the HD polyurethane. Wanted the Alloy Art Gooden Tite. Alloy Art cost less and the polyurethane looks thicker in the pics. Never seen them firsthand so can’t say how they compare to HD quality wise. Dealership had the HD poly’s in stock. I didn’t want to wait, plus I saved on shipping and my bud throws in extra points to keep my business. No noticable difference in vibration or firmness from the stock rubber bushings. Running 12” Factory 47’s.

Edit: The HD kit comes with the longer lower clamp bolts that many have said they needed. That was the other reason I went with the HD. Didn’t want to have to chase down the correct size/length bolts. The ones in the kit are about 3 or 4 threads longer. Stock bolts in middle, bolts included in kit on ends. The bushings are the stock ones I removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
thinking on going the same route, how do you like the 12s
Honestly, I think I find the pullback on the stock RGU bars a little more comfortable. Rode about 100 miles yesterday and still trying to decide if I want to keep them. I’ll give them a little more time. Hate it because I love the look of these things.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I used polyurethane bushings from J&P cycles on my 15RGS. The bushings were much thicker than the crap HD ones that were on the bike. They took a bit of work getting them in, but they felt so much more firm and secure than the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
put in the Arlen Ness poly bushings, think I got them for like $10 or something off ebay. Nice and solid. As mentioned you will need the longer bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts