Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the TW-777 cams installed next week. I have the V&H power duals, CFR pipes, SE Ventilator A/C, and PC5.

I am thinking based on other sheets and bikes of around 92-95hp and 110-115tq?

That should be an increase of about 10-15 in both categories right?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Those 777's would really shine @ 10.4:1 compression. With stock compression it's going to be soft on the bottom.

It really depends what your wanting to do. If your chasing numbers. Bump that compression and loose those CFR pipes and go with a 2:1 or if You just want a little more powerful ride. Install,tune and enjoy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not looking to get to any specific number or numbers. Don't really care, just more curious I guess.

Mainly just to have some more power for riding and a bigger grin on my face whilst I do so!:grin:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
With not having the bumped up compression that the 777's thrive on and having CFR mufflers I'd say expect hp to in the low-mid 90's range and torque should be in the low-mid 100's. But once you switch to a 2 into 1 exhaust and bump up your compression ratio you can expect to see those numbers soar up quickly!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
The Tw 777 cams need more compression than the stock HD engine provides so you will be totally disappointed in this upgrade unless you do more engine mods.
The TW 222 or 555 would be a much better cam to use with a stock engine. The TW 777 cams need the engine to run at a much higher rpm (3000 +) to be a efficient cam for your bike.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Like Ironmark said, you might be disappointed if installing these in a stock motor. Fuel Moto website has some dyno charts of the 777 in a stock motor compared to one with their 107 kit with their level B heads. The combo of those big cams and the CFR's will probably be disappointing. Bigger cams usually require more compression to get the full potential out of them, not to mention that they may require stronger valve springs to handle the lift. JMO, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts