Road Glide banner

14041 - 14060 of 15787 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Which lights did you get for the holes between the bags
This is what I put on. Got them from JP Cycles.

Ciro Black Filler Panel Lights
JPC Part # 240-3208

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Would you mind sharing a pic from the riders view? I'm considering these and am curious if the grips are straight across like a T bar or if there is less end rise than the height of the bar.
It all depends on how you adjust them. They could be straight if the uprights are in line with the forks and minimal pullback is set. As you can see from mine, my upright is pulled back slightly off the fork line and the handlebar pullback is moderate giving a gentle downward angle on the grips. I'm still playing with it to see what works the best for me. That's the beauty of these bars! Oh and they look pretty good too! (Ignore the mess in the garage. Christmas just came down.)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Started tearing down the bike yesterday to start cleaning up all the messy electrical from the previous owner that I have been meaning to do for a few seasons. I had some an extra set of blue LEDs laying around and so now my bike has the blues. I still have lots of wiring to clean up, but that's for another day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It all depends on how you adjust them. They could be straight if the uprights are in line with the forks and minimal pullback is set. As you can see from mine, my upright is pulled back slightly off the fork line and the handlebar pullback is moderate giving a gentle downward angle on the grips. I'm still playing with it to see what works the best for me. That's the beauty of these bars! Oh and they look pretty good too! (Ignore the mess in the garage. Christmas just came down.)

View attachment 409812
Thank you for the information. I see what you mean now by being able to adjust the grips as you change the pullback. I hadn't considered that. They do look great! I just need to decide on 14" or 12". I'm tall, 6'3", and am leaning towards 14".

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you for the information. I see what you mean now by being able to adjust the grips as you change the pullback. I hadn't considered that. They do look great! I just need to decide on 14" or 12". I'm tall, 6'3", and am leaning towards 14".
I'd say 14" at least for you if you want shoulder height. I'm 5'7" and the 12's are shoulder for me.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam, and with the CVO Hammock, 14" are about perfect. Depending on your seat, your wingspan, and your inseam, you might want 16" bars. BTW, the adjustable nature of these bars makes them a must-have.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Took a 254 mile ride today with temps in the 60's (Sorry northern guys!).
Fort Worth to Stephenville for some BBQ, then a southern loop on some smooth and curvy farm to market roads.
Longest trip, so far, on the new RGU. Ran like a champ!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took a 254 mile ride today with temps in the 60's (Sorry northern guys!).
Fort Worth to Stephenville for some BBQ, then a southern loop on some smooth and curvy farm to market roads.
Longest trip, so far, on the new RGU. Ran like a champ!
What side of FTW are you on? I'm at 1709 and N Beach in the Alliance area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam, and with the CVO Hammock, 14" are about perfect. Depending on your seat, your wingspan, and your inseam, you might want 16" bars. BTW, the adjustable nature of these bars makes them a must-have.
Thanks for that. I don't know what size I want. The factory bars kill my shoulders and back so I know I need something different. Being able to change the wrist angle is a huge plus to me on the KST bars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd say 14" at least for you if you want shoulder height. I'm 5'7" and the 12's are shoulder for me.
I don't know if I want shoulder height or not. I do know that I want to get rid of the back/shoulder pain caused by the factory bars. I wish the Helibars came in something taller than 10".

14041 - 14060 of 15787 Posts