Road Glide banner

14081 - 14100 of 14104 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Put my Defiance boards on. With the Kury 1" out 1" forward spacers. Lots of people say you cant do that. I did. Not drilling. Mount the space to the board then the board to the bike. Its tight. But they fit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Hey John,

Which extenders did you get? The only Kuryakyn ones I can find are these. Is this what you used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Hey John,

Which extenders did you get? The only Kuryakyn ones I can find are these. Is this what you used?

I used these. They're year specific for sure. When I tried putting the ones off my 16 onto the 19 Freewheeler they didnt go. They added a nub in 17. I stole the mounts off the 15 Freewheeler. It's a one bolt swap. But with the 19 RGS I found they updated their part so we can get the right part and not need a new front tab.

These are for 17 and newer.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
Hey John,

Scooper, what year is Your Glide?
I have the ones You asked John about on My 2012 Custom and they work fine.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Parts finally arrived from eGlide - took a while and cost an arm and a leg for shipping and exchange into Canada. Anyways, I mounted up the Ultra Brace and the Kury Lid Grip. When I removed my old retractable cable tether, it was fraying by the lower mount and was only a matter of time before it snapped.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Scooper, what year is Your Glide?
I have the ones You asked John about on My 2012 Custom and they work fine.
Mike U.

John - thanks.

Mike - Mine is a 201 RGS. So I think either would work. As I said above, I also had good luck on my 07 RK with the ones from vtwingoodies. Those didn’t move the boards forward like the Kuryakyn ones say they do, however. Just out. I agree they make a subtle, but really helpful, change in riding posture. My bike is almost entirely blacked out, so that comes into play, too. Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Parts finally arrived from eGlide - took a while and cost an arm and a leg for shipping and exchange into Canada. Anyways, I mounted up the Ultra Brace and the Kury Lid Grip. When I removed my old retractable cable tether, it was fraying by the lower mount and was only a matter of time before it snapped.

View attachment 409978
View attachment 409979
I've had that Ultra Brace on my 17RGU a couple of years.... You will love the difference it makes when you have a bag on top of your rack.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've had that Ultra Brace on my 17RGU a couple of years.... You will love the difference it makes when you have a bag on top of your rack.
I'm liking the rigidity that brace is offering, I'm sure it is money well spent. It's just hard to swallow the costing up north here. I ordered two of the Ultra Braces, two Lid Grips as my friend wants these for his Ultra also, and the cost with shipping, exchange, duties was $400 CDN. My Irish in me made me think long and hard about cost vs worth, and the worth won out eventually after I read many good reviews on the brace (and my friend still wanting to pay that much).

For the cost, I think that eGlide could have sent at least one extra piece of each nut/bolt. My hardware bag was open, lucky to have found all the bits, and one of the bolts broke on install as I was a little too heavy on tightening those little bolts. Anyways - that's my only small gripe thus far, I'm sure it will all be worth it when I load up the rack on top of the lid (which I do often).

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Rode that motherfucker. Got to test out the Ohlins shocks and the new 14" Factory 47s. was a win win. Put a bit over 100 miles on it. Noticeably softer ride. More compliant for sure. And no pinch between the shoulders. The 14s force me I to a more natural riding position.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
@RFG7680 missed the post about getting those shocks to fit. what did you end up doing to get clearance?
Loosened up the headpipe and wiggled everything down a bit. put washers between the muffler and the bracket (about 1/4" drop) Put tape on the spots it would hit and went for a rough ass ride. Tape was untouched.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Rode that motherfucker. Got to test out the Ohlins shocks and the new 14" Factory 47s. was a win win. Put a bit over 100 miles on it. Noticeably softer ride. More compliant for sure. And no pinch between the shoulders. The 14s force me I to a more natural riding position.

View attachment 409987
Great pic angle, can't say I miss your outhouse theme.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
The postman delivered today. New helmet, new fluids, gaskets, new Magnum clutch cable, and my Rekluse clutch arrived. These winter months can be costly with too much time online rather than riding.

View attachment 410013
What helmet did you get? I'm on the fence with Shark and Simpson.

14081 - 14100 of 14104 Posts