Road Glide banner

14121 - 14140 of 14261 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I stood in the garage looking at it, wishing it would stop raining and warm up. 58 days untill spring.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
I left the Xr650 in the HF wheel chock. No straps and it jumped out and pushed the glide over. Not a good morning and lesson learned. Never trust a Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Maryland sucks in so many ways, but damn we've got some great roads. Got a hundred miles in, never went more than 10 miles from the house, and didn't ride any of them (other than the one at the end of my driveway) more than once. First ride since the Tour Pak came off.

I wasn't expecting a massive difference in handling, and there wasn't. It's definitely easier to handle at slower speeds, and it tosses over a bit easier. But it's still over a half-ton bike when I'm on it, and nothing's going to change that. Still, taking 40 high-up pounds off the bike does make a difference.

The Fastback is like a leather-covered brick. C&C makes firm seats, and that's exactly how I like them. Fit & finish is stellar, and now both bikes have matching seats. The Night Train has a Squareback, and you sit down further on a Softail, so there's more back support on that one. Unless you ask for something different, all their seats are an inch down and back from stock. This puts my knees slightly above my hips, which is sub-optimal. The trade-off is an amazing bubble of calm air around me thanks to the Madstad. Upper 40s today and I didn't have to plug in the heated gear.

Don't know that I'd want to ride cross-country with it set up like this, especially since I carry too much crap (I can't sleep if I don't have at least 3 pairs of gloves with me). But for 1-up day rides, this looks badass and is more fun.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Maryland sucks in so many ways, but damn we've got some great roads. Got a hundred miles in, never went more than 10 miles from the house, and didn't ride any of them (other than the one at the end of my driveway) more than once. First ride since the Tour Pak came off.

I wasn't expecting a massive difference in handling, and there wasn't. It's definitely easier to handle at slower speeds, and it tosses over a bit easier. But it's still over a half-ton bike when I'm on it, and nothing's going to change that. Still, taking 40 high-up pounds off the bike does make a difference.

The Fastback is like a leather-covered brick. C&C makes firm seats, and that's exactly how I like them. Fit & finish is stellar, and now both bikes have matching seats. The Night Train has a Squareback, and you sit down further on a Softail, so there's more back support on that one. Unless you ask for something different, all their seats are an inch down and back from stock. This puts my knees slightly above my hips, which is sub-optimal. The trade-off is an amazing bubble of calm air around me thanks to the Madstad. Upper 40s today and I didn't have to plug in the heated gear.

Don't know that I'd want to ride cross-country with it set up like this, especially since I carry too much crap (I can't sleep if I don't have at least 3 pairs of gloves with me). But for 1-up day rides, this looks badass and is more fun.
Buddy of mine lives in Gambrills near Annapolis, whenever I visit I'm surprised at the great back roads so close to DC.

·
Registered
112 Posts

View attachment 410236
Maryland, huh? Howdy neighbor! What part? From the pics, it’s clearly not the City!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14121 - 14140 of 14261 Posts