Road Glide banner

14181 - 14200 of 14264 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I run a 280 rear Avon Cobra Chrome on my Yamaha Warrior bike. It is the best tire i have used on my Warrior. I like it much more than i did the Metzler. I will probably put the Avon Chrome tires on the Road Glide next time it needs tires.
I have been a Big Fan of Avon's for many years and recently put the Avon Chrome's on My 12 Custom and they are great tires.
Great riding, handling, and wet weather tires.
Avon's may not wear as long as other tires but I'm okay with that.
Seeing My Glide only has two tires I will replace them whenever they need to be.
I really get a kick out of riders who brag that they get 50,000 miles on a tire and you can see it needed replacement many miles before that.
My life is worth more than getting more miles than someone else.
But that's just My Honest Opinion.
Mike U.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep
I run a 280 rear Avon Cobra Chrome on my Yamaha Warrior bike. It is the best tire i have used on my Warrior. I like it much more than i did the Metzler. I will probably put the Avon Chrome tires on the Road Glide next time it needs tires.
Yep. I run the Avon Chrome 240 on the rear of my Yamaha Raider. It is the 10th Avon 240 I’ve had for 2 Raiders. Thinking about putting the Avon on the RG when the time comes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
On my old truck I get every mile out of my tires possible, on my bike I put on a new set even though I could get a couple thousand miles more out of them. If I can't afford safe tires then I can't afford to ride.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
It's an Avon Chrome, they look bald in the middle almost when new. Check their design - the new Michelin Commander IIIs are going to a similar design, because it works well.
Well damn. Learn something new every day then. I thought it looked like a bologna skin in the middle there. I did notice the deep stipes left in the side. Thought maybe you were just doing a bunch of burnouts. lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well damn. Learn something new every day then. I thought it looked like a bologna skin in the middle there. I did notice the deep stipes left in the side. Thought maybe you were just doing a bunch of burnouts. lol
I will do a massive burnout when it's time to replace. My Indie gives 15% off tires for a good burnout. lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
They work fantastic in the rain! I literally live in a rain forest and these tires work great in all conditions, and I ride in the pouring rain all the time. You don't feel tar snakes or ridges with these tires and they have given me decent mileage thus far - but I would buy them regardless of mileage, as they just stick and there is no price in my mind for going cheap on tires, brakes, or suspension.
Same here, been using Avon Venom's(predecessor to the Cobra) for years. They really made a difference in handling on my '03 Wide Glide, more responsive, also more quiet. I'll put the new Cobra Chrome on when the time comes. Never cared for stock Dunlop's, especially when the roads first get wet, broke traction easily.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Picked it up from dealer. Because of the sidecar , riding in snow, salt ect And riding it hard some times some parts wear faster than they normally would. To avoid dealing with it this spring had the drive belt , Sprocket and all related parts replaced.
Because it was light snow and ice I picked it up with the trailer. I was not worried about riding it , just wanted to see how it went on in those conditions. Worked great.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Picked it up from dealer. Because of the sidecar , riding in snow, salt ect And riding it hard some times some parts wear faster than they normally would. To avoid dealing with it this spring had the drive belt , Sprocket and all related parts replaced.
Because it was light snow and ice I picked it up with the trailer. I was not worried about riding it , just wanted to see how it went on in those conditions. Worked great.
I hear that, grit really does put a hurting on the rear drive sprocket.

I was surprised how much grit my scooter picked up just riding in the rain in Arkansas. I still occasionally find some sand packed in behind something. When I got home from that trip the rear sprocket looked like the hard finish had been sand blasted off of the cogs.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I ride a lot in Wisconsin winter. On top of that last season I pushed it hard on a couple road trips. I except the early wear is my doing. I am not going to get to upset over replacing the parts at 36,000. My 1996 FB still has the factory belt on it. I am not going to get to upset over it. Tech figured I could get a few more miles out of it but I do not want to replace that stuff on the road.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have been seriously thinking about picking up a 9mm pistol and reading a lot into which model; but I came to my senses and instead ordered more parts for the Glide: Arlen Ness reusable oil filter, 4l of Liqui Moly, Kury tour pack relocator, and new Magnum extended brake line. Now, I wait for the mailman.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have been seriously thinking about picking up a 9mm pistol and reading a lot into which model; but I came to my senses and instead ordered more parts for the Glide: Arlen Ness reusable oil filter, 4l of Liqui Moly, Kury tour pack relocator, and new Magnum extended brake line. Now, I wait for the mailman.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that one. Glad you got some parts. If'n yer serious about the other option, post that up in the firearms department. If you think oil threads get carried away, deciding on which gun to buy will put that to shame. lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that one. Glad you got some parts. If'n yer serious about the other option, post that up in the firearms department. If you think oil threads get carried away, deciding on which gun to buy will put that to shame. lol
That's why I've learned to not ask others about either oil or which gun. I read, then do my own thing. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

14181 - 14200 of 14264 Posts