Road Glide banner

14221 - 14240 of 14264 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I polished the rear camera mount I made and then bolted that one into place. I messed around with running the wire for the front one as well, but I am still thinking that one over.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I polished the rear camera mount I made and then bolted that one into place. I messed around with running the wire for the front one as well, but I am still thinking that one over.

View attachment 410614
That mount gonna clear your bags ? maybe pic is deceiving

·
Registered
512 Posts
They work fantastic in the rain! I literally live in a rain forest and these tires work great in all conditions, and I ride in the pouring rain all the time. You don't feel tar snakes or ridges with these tires and they have given me decent mileage thus far - but I would buy them regardless of mileage, as they just stick and there is no price in my mind for going cheap on tires, brakes, or suspension.
What mileage are you getting? I only ask in that years ago 8K was great mileage from a Metz or Avon. These days with the new dual compound, the ride is better and for the last 90K miles I'm seeing 15K with miles still on the rear tire with the stock Dunlops or Michelin Commanders.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been a while since I've posted here, but figured I'd share the latest update. Fried a lifter sometime in October, and figured it was appropriate to go apeshit with a full rebuild. So, without further ado:

S&S CNC ported heads (with 1.9 intake/1.610 exhaust/650 springs)
S&S Bolt in Big Bore 107 kit
S&S 625 Gear drive easy start cams
S&S Quickee adjustable push rods
S&S TC3 Cam plate and oil pump combo
S&S hydraulic cam chain tensioner
Barnett Clutches plates and springs
Thundermax EFI Tuner
DnD Fat Cat 2-1
Arlen Ness big sucker intake
JVC KD-X560BT head unit

WASNT. CHEAP. it runs like a bat out of hell though. got it back a couple weeks ago and am extremely pleased with the results. the initial tune on it is pretty nasty up to 6000rpm. I'll probably get it on the dyno here in a few weeks, but I couldnt be happier with S&S or the shop that built it, Hardcore Choppers in Sterling VA. Anyways, heres a pic of the bike, the only giveaway is the jugs.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What mileage are you getting? I only ask in that years ago 8K was great mileage from a Metz or Avon. These days with the new dual compound, the ride is better and for the last 90K miles I'm seeing 15K with miles still on the rear tire with the stock Dunlops or Michelin Commanders.
I have over 10k miles on my Avons and I will get some more before I need to replace them, but I will need to replace them this season

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ordered Air Ride...Looking for a center stand. Have stacks of boxes of parts to put on my bike when I get it back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Began Year 3 breakdown to replace Headbolts and rocker studs. Switching to D&D Billet Cat and Feuling 521 cam as well. Should be done over the weekend, then off to tuner.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Plowing through the winter tuning today, after deciding I needed an extra day off. I replaced my upper front brake line with a Magnum 36" line at 35 degrees, bled that SOB and watched my new Mityvac sh!t the bed (no love from their CS to replace), then I soldered and wired a plug for front fogs off my Aux switch, put my gas tank back on the bike, replaced my gas cap cover with a custom design I had done up (took a few tries to get it right), and then fired it up for the first time since November.

Next up: install the new Rekluse clutch, longer clutch cable, and rip into the inner primary to address a small leak. I hate the long winters, but it does force me to address the items I want on the bike. One more - bought a new Madstad shield off eBay, thanks to a forum member pointing it out for us (for me, now). :)

14221 - 14240 of 14264 Posts