Road Glide banner

14441 - 14454 of 14454 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finished painting and assembling a tour pak from an ultra I picked up for cheap. The wife is happy to take longer rides now. Still have to get some rear speakers and wire them in but overall happy considering I have about 400 in it.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Finished painting and assembling a tour pak from an ultra I picked up for cheap. The wife is happy to take longer rides now. Still have to get some rear speakers and wire them in but overall happy considering I have about 400 in it. View attachment 411914 View attachment 411915
You did great with the price and all(y). Next thing though, the wife wanting to go on longer rides now, is that a good thing or a bad thing? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
93 Posts
You did great with the price and all(y). Next thing though, the wife wanting to go on longer rides now, is that a good thing or a bad thing? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Haha it's a good thing. I had a hopped up lowrider s before this and while I could go most anywhere on it, her his disorder wouldn't allow it. She missed it so we decided to get a road glide again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Removed the cat. Took me about 8 hours. Spent at least 4hrs and 13 rods putting the worlds worst weld on the window. I was going to take pictures...but it was just too embarrassing.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Nope. I’m 6’, with a 32” inseam. Kinda normal. But I am riding on an HD low profile touring seat, which sits me a lot lower than many touring seats. My wife hates the matching pillion, so we are in the market for a new seat. We were just getting around to test riding a few when COVID19 came to town, closing that option. I may end up with a Hammock or a Tall Boy or a Mustang Super Touring. All of those will lift me and that may very well eliminate the issue. We shall see!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I highly recommend the Hammock seat.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Finished painting and assembling a tour pak from an ultra I picked up for cheap. The wife is happy to take longer rides now. Still have to get some rear speakers and wire them in but overall happy considering I have about 400 in it.
What size speakers? I might have a few sitting around from my conversion.

Love the color by the way.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It was a busy day from the home office, so regardless of the rain, I took off for a small 40 mile ride. When I got home, I finally drilled some small holes in my oil dipstick to help me see the oil level better without my glasses.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What size speakers? I might have a few sitting around from my conversion.

Love the color by the way.
Thanks I appreciate it but I went ahead and ordered some in. And thanks the twisted cherry is a mixed bag for me. On a sunny day when its clean it's a gorgeous color. But on a cloudy day it just looks murky to me. I tend to buy black bikes and my salesman knows I'm just gonna repaint in 6 months anyway lol.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Removed front fork deflectors, installed S&S MK45 slip-ons, flashed new map from FM, and dislodged stuck vent doors from fairing air ducts by lubricating it with WD40...now for the rain to stop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Swapped out the JBL GTO 638's for the Kappa 62ix's , Put on Avon custom contour grips ,re routed breather tube in air cleaner housing out the back and down to the bottom of the frame by the oil pan.Changed primary , engine and trans oil.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
My county is on home detention, so I've been piddling in the shop.

Made a bracket to mount my radar detector on my 19. Puts it right were I'm looking most of the time so I can see it when its trying to warn me. Can't really hear it when running at speeds where its important. It also warns me about speed cameras.

Just an aluminum bracket mounted to the inner windshield panel. Then the radar unit mounts to it with some dualock.
I put the power lead in back when I had the fairing apart for the heated grips.

·
Registered
654 Posts
My county is on home detention, so I've been piddling in the shop.

Made a bracket to mount my radar detector on my 19. Puts it right were I'm looking most of the time so I can see it when its trying to warn me. Can't really hear it when running at speeds where its important. It also warns me about speed cameras.

Just an aluminum bracket mounted to the inner windshield panel. Then the radar unit mounts to it with some dualock.
I put the power lead in back when I had the fairing apart for the heated grips.

Your not saying that you speed right? Just another accessory...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

14441 - 14454 of 14454 Posts