Road Glide banner

14941 - 14960 of 14996 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed my klockwerks 9inch sport flare. Totally different bike as far as wind. Hope it keeps the buffer off my wife as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've seen these threads on other forums, and they can go on forever. Just some place to post what you might have done in any particular day.

I'll start with this past weekend. I went out Sunday morning intending to ride down the road, any road. When the first 40mph gust of wind hit me, I changed my mind and headed over to Iron Pony instead. It being early Sunday, and the service dept was open, I decided to get the new tires I was needing. So, a few dollars later I ended up with two new Dunlop American Elites and new pads on the front brakes. They were out of the Metzler ME880's, but these are new model Dunlops, and it appears they only make two sizes so far, both just happen to fit my bike. Web site says more sizes coming in 2011. Only have about 300 miles on them, but so far they seem to be good tires. Holds the wind well :D (Sunday was VERY windy, almost got blown over getting off the bike)

Next up, Progressive 940's are on the way.
Mean mug.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Well we had to go kill bugs since I just finished up detail. So we departed "the suffering masses" and got a little wind and burger therapy :LOL: 156 miles to eat.....

5_18_20 run to Greenwood N.jpg

5_18_20 run to Greenwood S.jpg
Favorites Lunch burgers _ sweet tater tots.jpg

Much better now!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really like that light, saw it at Biketoberfest and Bikeweek, but like you said it isn’t cheap and I already have CD leds, just don’t want to spend the money twice right now.
Yeah I love the rear lamp and I'm thinking the only other thing I wanna do is the low profile, smoked, LED lights under the rear edge of the bag lids, those for sure. I want some side protection too, so I will eventually put a set of the lower bag skids that go from the front of the bag to about where the silver skid plate underneath starts. Great thing about Ciro is it's all plug and play, which is great for an electrical nightmare like me...🤓

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I could use some help and I don't know if this is the right section if not please feel free to move this. I posted earlier how I snapped one of the three pressure plate 80 in lb bolts that hold the OE spring ring against the clutch pressure plate springs.
I've always been one of those guys that if I break something I always would like to overbuild it then putting it right back to stock to do it all over again. That being said I don't wanna go crazy and spend a lot of money. I have other projects that I've done and more on my list of things to do, this was just really bad timing. I was ready to purchase my electric center stand and to go with my air ride I've been waiting to put on and then this bolt snaps out of the blue with 0 pressure on it 🤬. Since I have to remove the center basket set up with that pressure plate I thought maybe I should upgrade the basket because I know those fingers tender to crack and stress out. I saw Trask sells a heavy duty basket but I don't know about the center section that has the 3 Springs that the ring bolts onto that the bolt broke in? Any thoughts and ideas would be great, but I don't want to tear this whole thing apart like crazy and go nuts maybe just those 2 pieces of possible?
Kevin.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got my bike rained on...yep nothing better to do so, figured I'd give it the luv bug eradication it deserves. Let nature take it's course, so to speak.😉

But, alas....where to go?? All these sissy, so called biker type individuals, don't ride. That's okay...I'll strike out on my own. To hell with the leather clad, wanna be tough bastards, that look like they are auditioning for a Village People reunion. Throw in 6 gallons of 93 octane go juice...there is no telling where I'll end up.

Let's see...St. Augustine. Oldest burg in the new world...hell yeah.

Okay, made it there...oh look, it's A1A...north be Jacksonville....naw. south be Daytona...hell yeah...the biker's "Mecca". On the way to Sturgis of the South... I notice the black clouds gathering on the horizon..." Damn good thing I slathered on all that SPF 70 sunscreen...LMAO". But, drive onward, I shall. Kinda like a mail man...sleet, nor rain, nor dark of night...screw it, I'm going into the storm!!

The really heavy rain didn't start til Beverly beach...nice area...not that I could freaking see it. The deluge was not really the problem. Remember the SPF 70 sunscreen I lathered on my porcelain skin??? Let me try and convey what that stuff does to the human eyeball...

If you've ever been in the military, and been thru the "gas chamber" you can totally relate to the instant need to close your eyes. If you've ever been arrested, and the officers had to gas you to make you comply with hand restraints......then you have the idea. Now, combine that with riding a motorcycle, a pair of drenched sunglasses...in traffic. By God, that's a real biker...lol. Crying like a little bitch, while pulling into a gravel parking lot, of some recently Covid 19 shuttered Mexican restaurant is really what happened.

Unbelievable... I made it to the lot and thru down the jiffy stand...ripping of my 2005 Daytona shirt and flexing my 6 pack abs for the world to see...along with my fish belly white farmer's tan...I tried to clear my eyes of this blinding ooze called sunscreen.

You ever see "lockup" on TV??? You know when an inmate decides they wanna show out for whatever stupid reason they got in their head...it was a lot like that...slinging snot like a rodeo bull...

This is some bullshit...but, I will complete this ride!! Daytona or bust. Sun finally comes out, I make Daytona...hey look..hot bikini clad chicks on the beach!! That's what I'm talking about!! I wave, smile, all the old pervy things a 56 year old biker does to feel young and studly...to no avail of course. Wearing a crumpled, wore out, sunscreen stained tee shirt. Bloodshot eyes, looking like a crackhead on a 5 day high... definitely not the cool biker look I started out with. Time to head West on 40 and get my ass home.

So, there you have it...40 to 27, back to my humble abode in Trenton, FL. Pretty much unscathed...350 miles of fun, travel, and adventure.

What I can't understand, is why no one wants to ride with me...freaking pussies.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Funny! Read about half to my wife. Looks at me like i am nuts laughing out loud....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
Too funny! As soon as my wife heard sunscreen and rain she cringed then cracked up! We’ve been there before!

Sent from the Rockies of Colorado

·
Registered
885 Posts
Adjusted my handlebars back to the desired position after PA inspection. While at the dealer, had the engine oil and filter changed, new Dunlop American Elite tires, new brake pads, and had my new Retro GTS Radio set up (except they didn’t turn on the WHIM or the CB, have to take it back to get those done). Apple CarPlay works on this box without a headset or WHIM; maybe H-D figured something out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
What do yiu mean PA inspection. Does your state tell you where to put your bars?
Yes, Where I like my bars they hit the dashboard by the filler at full lock; I have to push them forward a couple inches so they clear and then move them back afterward. They also don’t like the bars to hit the windshield either. I have 24” KlockWerks Kliphangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14941 - 14960 of 14996 Posts