Road Glide banner

14981 - 15000 of 15038 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Went for a great 800 km ride today so I could see my parents for an hour. Cost me a shift lever as apparently it fell off somewhere on the highway. Luckily they live near a Harley shop so the trip cost me a new lever and toe piece. New upgraded part has a nylon nut. Maybe this one won’t come loose on the next trip. Lots of sun and bugs. Tomorrow it gets a bath!!

04 Road Glide
Ontario Canada

·
Registered
129 Posts
After getting ready to put on motolights, F47 bars, heated grips, switch cluster, F47 engine guard, I jacked up the tumblers on hour one a couple months back. Couldn’t unfuck it all this time.....

So yesterday. I dropped the glide at the dealer. They kinda said the same thing you’ll said, your not the first idiot to do that......

·
Registered
551 Posts
Went for a quick 100 mile spin before the rain gets here. Nice to ride and clear my head. In honor of Memorial Day please remember those that paid the ultimate price to ensue our continued freedom. God bless the fallen and those they left behind.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mounted my Le Pera stitch yesterday. Took bike out for a 100 miler today to try it out. More comfortable than stock. Definitely changed my riding posture for the better with the backrest. Never had a backrest before this one. 14” Factory 47’s go on this week. That should be about all my mods when those are on the bike. Got a couple things I want to powder coat gloss black, but that can wait until the riding season is over.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Getting a new tire put on now while I wait.

Surfing FB marketplace and ran across a set of Tab Performance slip on's for an Excellent price I jumped on and set up to pick up. Was thinking of changing out my S&S Grand Nationals for something a little deeper anyway, saved $400ish over buying new.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Picked up the Tab slip on's I found on FB while getting my tire put on.

Very good shape and could not beat $225.

Worried me a bit when I got them home and attempted install. Left hand side would not get tight on the head pipe. I was using the clamp that came with my S&S Grand Nationals.

Swapped out for stock clamp and it tightened down just fine. Looks good, ready to hear them tomorrow, little late now with all the neighbors.

Think they are the 4" at least that is what they measure across the tip.

Update on Shinko 777HD as well, put 200 miles on it so far and am loving it compared to the stock Dunlop.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spent a lot of time with the bike this weekend. Started by adding some black saddle bag guards from amazon. Seem like great quality.

Then I went to change out my bars to 14” KST double trouble that I got from Revzilla only to find a decent scratch right on the upper bend where I’d look at it all the time. So the stocks went back on.

Finally I swapped out the highway bars and fairing mounts for black ones I got from another user here. Then changed out the badge for a black silhouette of the bar and shield logo.

Yesterday I rode from the north west corner of Indiana to Indy to pick up some stuff from my sister and turned around and came back 362 miles in total.

Today I spent some time washing, clay baring, and ceramic coating her. Tonight she’ll get a couple coats of wax to finish the detail job up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did a little work on the saddlebag lids today. Installing the 8” mids and grills. Had to get some 1/2” spacers from amazon and dremmel them down for my grills to “fit” on the lids. The grills themselves were about 1/8” too wide to fit inside, so getting the spacers raised the speakers up 1/2” to accommodate the grills. Been waiting on saddlebags, which will
Hopefully be here this week to get the lids mounted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I killed a lot of bugs today. And changed that giant in the way break peddle to a smaller one. Huge difference, my feet can go anywhere they want now without the break being in the way.
Big shout out to the guy who gave me the idea in a thread about highway pegs.

14981 - 15000 of 15038 Posts