Road Glide banner

15321 - 15340 of 15361 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Holy hell those MMats sound so much better than the Rockfords. Rockford should be embarrassed at how bad they sound. I still need to figure out what I am going to do with the gaping holes in the speaker pods but I can wait for that.
Glad they sound good. I know @Mike U was using MMats at one point in time. Pretty sure he still is. I avoided the Rockfords myself. Went with DS-18's. I may switch to MMats later on down the road, just doing to give DS18's a run and see how they all sound together.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Glad they sound good. I know @Mike U was using MMats at one point in time. Pretty sure he still is. I avoided the Rockfords myself. Went with DS-18's. I may switch to MMats later on down the road, just doing to give DS18's a run and see how they all sound together.
Caddy, I'm still Rocking The MMats and they still sound awesome.
Seto, most guys that cut the Pods just cover the holes with Dynamat and call it a day.
Mike U.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
It's crazy, RF makes good stuff but those 6.5s are trash. The amp and wiring kit were great though and for now I am sticking with their 6x9s in the back.

Caddy, I'm still Rocking The MMats and they still sound awesome.
Seto, most guys that cut the Pods just cover the holes with Dynamat and call it a day.
Mike U.
Yeah, probably what I am going to do. I have some Second Skin left over that I will probably use, but it's not here.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's crazy, RF makes good stuff but those 6.5s are trash. The amp and wiring kit were great though and for now I am sticking with their 6x9s in the back.
I've heard the same about their stuff. I was told the amp could power everything I have, but I don't see how that one amp can power six speakers which is what I have. I'm going to go with SounDigital after it's all said and done.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stage 1 complete and the cat is out of the bag. After a glitch with bad firmware on the tuner, an update took care of it with help of Fuel Moto tech support. So with V&H VO2 naked air cleaner kit, S&S Grand National slip on's, cat removed and Powervision tuner installed, the engine really woke up. This is how it should have run from day 1. Just had to wait 2yrs for factory warranty to run out.

I also ran the breather vents overboard via a pvc T, to keep oil out of the intake. There was already a little build up on the throttle blade.

For those thinking of decatting, it's not a big deal to do. I just pulled the right muffler off and used a long 3/8" wood drill bit around the perimeter. Once loose, pull it out and clean the inside of the pipe out. No more heat trap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I've heard the same about their stuff. I was told the amp could power everything I have, but I don't see how that one amp can power six speakers which is what I have. I'm going to go with SounDigital after it's all said and done.
As long as the speakers match the required impedance limits of the amp it should be able to drive 6 speakers. I don't have any issues with the RF amp at all, plenty of power and sounds good. It is not cheap though, plenty of amps that are just as good/better for less $$$.

·
Registered
188 Posts
As long as the speakers match the required impedance limits of the amp it should be able to drive 6 speakers. I don't have any issues with the RF amp at all, plenty of power and sounds good. It is not cheap though, plenty of amps that are just as good/better for less $$$.
That’s good info. Thanks Seto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SetoSeyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
My saddlebags FINALLY came!! Install was a piece of cake. All hardware was perfect and even the lids were a perfect fit, given they were a different manufacturer. Top Shop New style 4.5” stretched bags and painted by Brad at TheFactoryMatch. Could not be happier with the set up! Even got some Top Shop mini bag knobs to protect the investment!

Next up is amps to power all 6 speakers and a low profile seat. That stock Ultra seat has got to go!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My saddlebags FINALLY came!! Install was a piece of cake. All hardware was perfect and even the lids were a perfect fit, given they were a different manufacturer. Top Shop New style 4.5” stretched bags and painted by Brad at TheFactoryMatch. Could not be happier with the set up! Even got some Top Shop mini bag knobs to protect the investment!

Next up is amps to power all 6 speakers and a low profile seat. That stock Ultra seat has got to go!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are those speakers in the bag lids totally waterproof? Rain while riding or washing the bike doesn't affect them?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are those speakers in the bag lids totally waterproof? Rain while riding or washing the bike doesn't affect them?
They are IP66 rating, which is dust proofing and water resistant from a power nozzle. Rain wouldn’t hurt it. But they are made specifically for motorcycles. Trust me I wont be washing the Bike directly like one would a car. I have some lid skins coming to cover the speakers up while riding if it starts raining.

Reactions: Bevis and Oak Hills

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Looks awesome!! How long did it take to get your bags? Did you order the knobs separate or they came with your set? I placed an order with Brad as well.

Reactions: Caddy5387

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks awesome!! How long did it take to get your bags? Did you order the knobs separate or they came with your set? I placed an order with Brad as well.
Preciate it! I ordered the knobs separate straight from Top Shop. I got some other ones that came with the lids but they aren’t as nice as the TS machined knobs.

The bags took about 6 weeks from time I ordered to ship date. I called Brad 2 weeks ago and he said that TS was behind and production therefore he was behind. I wasnt worried about it because i knew I was getting quality product compared to other brands out there. But I did receive my fender in just 2 weeks. So he may have other parts more readily available. I’m definitely going to be ordering more from him in the future.

What did you order from him?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I ordered bags and fender 3 weeks ago. He had just matched my color a few weeks ago. I was told 3-4 weeks but another member is at about 6 weeks right now lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I ordered bags and fender 3 weeks ago. He had just matched my color a few weeks ago. I was told 3-4 weeks but another member is at about 6 weeks right now lol.
Yeah that’s about par for the time being lol damn Covid has slowed everyone down

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh well like you said it’ll be worth the wait. Buy once, cry once.
HA amen to that brother!

·
Registered
200 Posts
We took a mini vacation up to NE AZ. Hwy 191 (aka 666) was supposed to be open after a wildfire but it’s still closed. We'll take a trip over to NM and back instead. I’ve run 666 many times but I gotta do it again every time I get a new bike LOL

·
Registered
7,440 Posts

Bags look awesome Caddy!
Congrats.
Mike U.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bags look awesome Caddy!
Congrats.
Mike U.
Preciate ya bro!! 6 months after the tear down started and I’m almost to where I want!

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Stage 1 complete and the cat is out of the bag. After a glitch with bad firmware on the tuner, an update took care of it with help of Fuel Moto tech support. So with V&H VO2 naked air cleaner kit, S&S Grand National slip on's, cat removed and Powervision tuner installed, the engine really woke up. This is how it should have run from day 1. Just had to wait 2yrs for factory warranty to run out.
did you use the stock O2 sensors or go wideband?
did you get the target tune?
what did it change the most?
out of warranty now, too, and thinking about a tuner...

15321 - 15340 of 15361 Posts