Road Glide banner

15541 - 15560 of 15573 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Honestly, I just went out and rode the crap outta my scoot today....easy 300+ day. No particular place to go. Down some roads I've seen but never driven....rode some coastal gulf, from Perry south to my stomping grounds. It was a good day tater😉

·
Registered
231 Posts
Paid off the loan for Saoirse a little over a year early on Thursday.
Got her a new set of dancing shoes on Friday... Metzeler CruiseTecs (and new brake pads).

·
Registered
552 Posts
Installed Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Took it for a test spin without tuning with power vision and the M8 seems to really like it. No tune, just installed and more zip off the line and better throttle response.....could be my imagination. Instal was easy,ArlenNess seems to really think things out as it just went together and made sense. Another design that should be OEM imho.

Two Washington dealers tried to suggest I might have an oil leak possibly from the head. The fix estimated at $1200. Oil would spatter on the headers and seemed to be coming from the OEM air filter oil return lines. once all apart, looked to me it was the oil return hoses on the intake, cleaned up nicely and another strike against the dealers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've been going out on morning rides up to Whistler with my regular riding bud - loving this T-shirt weather from 9am on. Noticed on my way to the gas pump before the ride that I have reached 80k kilometres on my bike; I plan on adding many many more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Helped a friend put motor together for his just gifted, clapped out 98 Electra Glide turned Road King. Waiting on front rocker that had intake stud/bolt broken off in it.

After rebuilding the forks, he said "if this fits your Dyna or RGU, it yours." Was speechless, but he said it was given to him, and now given to me chancing it will fit one of my bikes. Think the RGU will fit it.
20200803_214250.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rode it to work, watched the voltage slowly rise into the red. Checked it when I got to work, 15.2V. Looks like I'll need a new rectifier.
Well, dropped my bike off (still in warranty) to get a new rectifier. Installed in about 2 hours.
Great service from my local dealer. They've been very good to me over the years. Very quick service from the service department. Basically threw me the FOB and told me it is ready. Similar to the hand over, was in and out in 10 minutes for that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Reactions: Roro4g63

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Helped a friend put motor together for his just gifted, clapped out 98 Electra Glide turned Road King. Waiting on front rocker that had intake stud/bolt broken off in it.

After rebuilding the forks, he said "if this fits your Dyna or RGU, it yours." Was speechless, but he said it was given to him, and now given to me chancing it will fit one of my bikes. Think the RGU will fit it. View attachment 417067
I had one on my 11 Ultra...that Clarity cover fits on all Twin Cams...

Reactions: Roro4g63

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have you noticed a big difference?
I have, long fast sweepers I have along my commute no longer have wobble...more like slight oscillations are gone.

I just installed the True Track front stabilizer. Report after weekend rides. Install hacks on my front/rear stabilizer thread in Suspension.
20200806_191723.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replaced the stock floorboards with these mx inspired boards from Joker Machine. Also got the brake pedal but in "raw" for some contrast.

They look awesome and have good traction. My only concern before buying these was vibration. I don't know how, but less than the stock ones. Defies logic. The only real feedback that was as bad as the stock boards was high 4th gear rpms.

I'm happy with the purchase.

15541 - 15560 of 15573 Posts