Road Glide banner

15841 - 15860 of 15893 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Pardon my naivety, but how would linger bolts in the rear help? Due to the thickness of the 2nd plate I’m assuming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
look at the bottom of the pac it isn't flat the bracket mounts in a recess, so to add a plate the full width it raises the pack 3/8" or so. i didn't put the plate all the way to the front so the front bolts were sufficient. the plate is 8" front to back and full width i think was 18" side to side. when i get a chance i'll get a pic off the bike. might be a day or two as i can't get to the shop today.

Reactions: Caddy5387

·
Registered
266 Posts
look at the bottom of the pac it isn't flat the bracket mounts in a recess, so to add a plate the full width it raises the pack 3/8" or so. i didn't put the plate all the way to the front so the front bolts were sufficient. the plate is 8" front to back and full width i think was 18" side to side. when i get a chance i'll get a pic off the bike. might be a day or two as i can't get to the shop today.
Yeah i see what youre saying. And thanks man Id appreciate a picture so I can get a better visual

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Damn dude. That’s all the way around isn’t it? Thanks for showing

yeah after i got home i put two layers of fiberglass mat inside and sprayed it all with bedliner spray.

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah after i got home i put two layers of fiberglass mat inside and sprayed it all with bedliner spray.
Oh ok. I’m
Hoping that doesn’t happen to me. Thanks again for the heads up

·
Registered
835 Posts
Damn dude. That’s all the way around isn’t it? Thanks for showing

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ya I have heard of people beefing up the bottom of the aftermarket TP's with fiberglass so to avoid what happened to you. But the second plate on the bottom would help a lot as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ya I have heard of people beefing up the bottom of the aftermarket TP's with fiberglass so to avoid what happened to you. But the second plate on the bottom would help a lot as well.
Good to know!

Reactions: Ike Burns

·
Registered
266 Posts
Honestly it’s not gonna be joke much weight except wallet, helmet for crossing state lines and keys. I still have my king pak for long trips. So hopefully it’ll hold up

·
Registered
751 Posts
Honestly it’s not gonna be joke much weight except wallet, helmet for crossing state lines and keys. I still have my king pak for long trips. So hopefully it’ll hold up

Ya I have had mine for one season now and I don't feel like I need to beef it up any. The heaviest thing I have put in it is 36 cans of beer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ya I have had mine for one season now and I don't feel like I need to beef it up any. The heaviest thing I have put in it is 36 cans of beer.
That’s what i call luggage!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Put the extended (black) shifters from Softbrake on the bike, to match the brake lever. Went for a nice ride with my wife. These extended levers (on both sides) aren’t cheap but what an improvement to the ride. Especially the brake lever.

We got home and I popped on some Supershox shocks that I picked up on the other forum. I probably have some slight tweaking to do but wow. I still feel bumps, of course, but they aren’t bone rattling. Overall much smoother. Even better, the bike doesn’t bounce around like it did with the stock shocks. Much more stable handling. Definitely a good upgrade!

·
Registered
253 Posts
my OEM lowers showed up last week and are at the painters getting bathed in that sweet, sweet mirage orange pearl. yesterday, the speakers and speaker pods (they're getting a bath soon as well) showed with my DK Customs tank lift (to make the stripe line up. OCD would drive me crazy on that one). now as soon as Horny Toad can get my '10 fairing bracket and compact heavy breather filter to me, i might be ripping the inner and outer fairings off very soon and finish making Rhonda into an Ultra, for all intents and purposes.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Finally decided to connect my power vision and upload the Fuel Motto tune, smoothed the initial start, should not have waited. Runs much better. Now for what’s next, headers, cams, decisions decisions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
well pack for a 30 day trip thru 17 states and 9 mountain passes with camping gear and let me know how far that 36pak gets you. this was june 1- june 30 this year only 220mi. interstate rest all back roads

·
Registered
751 Posts
Looks like a great trip. Yep if I was going to take a month long trip with camping gear I may end up being amore loaded on the TP as well. I like to use the TP for my flex items and pack my saddle bags with luggage, but camping gear may need to go on top so in that case I may need to reinforce the TP.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Looks like a great trip. Yep if I was going to take a month long trip with camping gear I may end up being amore loaded on the TP as well. I like to use the TP for my flex items and pack my saddle bags with luggage, but camping gear may need to go on top so in that case I may need to reinforce the TP.
tools and heavy stuff stay in the saddle bags, lowers center of gravity, camp gear is in cooler on pass seat, clothes in small bag on top of cooler. rain gear and jacket on tour pac rack, in tourpac is camp chair, hats, camp tennis shoes, laptop, and assoc. junk.

15841 - 15860 of 15893 Posts